mefisto

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 229 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Toursingle ’23 Rockbottom #42532
    mefisto
    Participant
      in reply to: Motorpsycho Tribute Series #42394
      mefisto
      Participant

Same info from Tiger here, but the package arrived last week!

in reply to: Cover wishes #42073
        mefisto
        Participant

They need to finally include President Block in their live repertoire!!!

in reply to: 23.09.23 – Verkstedhallen, Trondheim #41808
          mefisto
          Participant

A lot of interesting views and opinions in this thread. Thanks!

I recently saw the three shows in Stavanger, Haugesund and Bergen, having seen them regularly since 93. Of course there has been ups and downs along this journey, and right now we seem to be in a kind of a crossroad once again. The comparison with 2006 is quite a good one, except that I think from now on the band won’t have a permanent drummer anymore. My guess is that they will bring on whoever is available for different tours/shows, or maybe I read that somewhere?

The Norwegian shows this time have been quite “identical”, it seems, at least regarding setlists. Not that many changes as we might have seen in the past, but in a way it makes sense too, since Olaf has not had the chance to learn the whole catalogue…
            The show in Stavanger (where I live) was very up and down, I think. All in all an ok show (with highlights in Babylon, 577, Lady May (!) and Taifun).
            Haugesund on the other hand was so much better overall. Setlist still quite similar, but the playing and mood on stage was a lot better!
            Bergen was somehow a mix of these two, up and down, but with a better overall feel to my ears than Stavanger, at least.

Regarding style changes and directions of our boys, there are always never ending opinions or tastes, like it should be. My preference will forever be the 90s, but I also like later years albums, even if I don’t pick them out and play them very often, like the oldies.
            To me it feels like MP is progging for the sake of progging. The song writing is just not at the sky high level it used to be back then. I like a lot of prog, but the endless noodling just because they can do it, doesn’t weigh up the fact that they wrote better songs before. Yes, I know that tastes differ, and a good example is NOX, which I don’t like very much, but others love. And don’t even mention the Unicorn….
            The latest album Yay! is also quite forgettable. Nothing can make Dank State or Cold & Bored good. I will still forgive them for releasing it.

Hopefully we will see many more good years in the future. I wonder what will be next!

in reply to: YAY! – Album reviews #41444
            mefisto
            Participant

Yay!” on the other hand, probably Motorpsycho’s strongest album since said “…Unicorn”.

Hmmm. Sounds scary to me. No more unicorn please!

in reply to: Death Defying Unicorn Book #40855
              mefisto
              Participant

@cloudhawker: If the book equals the album, I am not interested anymore…

in reply to: Death Defying Unicorn Book #40854
                mefisto
                Participant

@suntripper: No, I am not kidding, as I really don’t like the Unicorn album much. Still a book would be interesting, at least that is my hope

in reply to: Death Defying Unicorn Book #40846
                  mefisto
                  Participant

Hopefully the book will be better than the album…

in reply to: New Motorpsycho box sets from Rune grammofon #40358
                    mefisto
                    Participant

Tomcat: It must be the President Block boxes! :twisted:

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts – reviews #40286
                      mefisto
                      Participant

@ Punj: Does Mojo give anything else than 4 stars to anyone? :D

in reply to: Personal MP Concert Statistics #40037
                        mefisto
                        Participant

190 shows since 1993 (Tussler not included).

Most played song: Walking on the water, 62 times!

Most anticipated song: President Block (of course!)

Specials: too many to mention, probably all the fabulous people I have met around Europe!

Unique songs: 275

Total songs: 2960

Thanks everyone for a hell of a ride so far!

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36713
                          mefisto
                          Participant

Any plans of adding Sandnes 18.01.2022 to the database?

Play time was around 1h25mins, they played ny lang, ny halvlang and NOX, if I'm not completely mixing things up…

in reply to: Personal MP Concert Statistics #40028
                            mefisto
                            Participant

Anders: This is just to save the system from a complete meltdown, with your massive list of gigs :twisted:

in reply to: Maiden Voyage rerelease + Sanderfinger #38229
                              mefisto
                              Participant

Grevene Langs Hemmelige Selskap A/S

14 min ·

Da er Grevene Langs nisseverksted i full sving med å pakke de to første volumene i GLHS’s første årgang! Vi begynner å sende dem ut så fort vi kan, men de kommer neppe frem før jul. Noen vil få sine i romjula, mens andre må vente til januar. Men alle skal få!

Denne forsendelsen kommer også med den eksklusive bonus 7’’en.

Dere som skal hente selv kan gjøre det på Crispin Glover Record Shop fra nå!

God jul hilsen Grevene.

in reply to: Mantrick Muffin Stomp & other mysterious MP songs #39070
                                mefisto
                                Participant

Yes, I know, and I'm still waiting. They had the chance to perform it with Helge on the Demon Box shows, but they didn't use the opportunity!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 229 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994