Be

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 214 total)
  • Author
    Be
    Participant

Thanks for the recording! Finally a decent setlist after hours and hours of boring noodeling over the last years! (I know that many of you think otherwise, but I am so fed up with Can inside Hogwash that I never thought they play another gig that has Starmelt, Smell, Family and Flick of the wrist almost in sequence and on top of that includes Nerve Tattoo, Sinful, Like Always and 577. How I wish I was at that gig!)

in reply to: Motorpsycho autotuning their vocals?? #20322
      Be
      Participant

As long as the guitar solo on this Wishing Well version gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it, i don't care about fixed vocals! :-)

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO — summer and fall 2011 #19736
        Be
        Participant

Osnabrück is good news, but I hope for a Schlachthof/Bremen gig, too! It's a special venue for MP!

Oh, btw on 3.11.11 MOGWAI are playing the Schlachthof! A date not to be missed!

in reply to: This day in MOTORPSYCHO history #19209
          Be
          Participant

Living in Bremen, I have been to the Wehrschloss in 1995 (my first MP gig, after reading a glowing review in Intro-magazine. I was absolutely blown away!) and to every gig at the Schlachthof apart from 2000 when I already had a ticket and was iller than ever in my live with infectious mononucleosis! A shame!

in reply to: rw4 #19158
            Be
            Participant

One man's improvisation is another man's noodeling! :D

I am not altogether against noodeling (btw the Wishing Well Version is very good!), but for example two years ago in Hamburg a lot of songs were brought almost to a complete stop, stripped apart and a rocker like Hogwash suddenly had – to me – boring parts and so on. And "supernaut" I am also glad they left that phase behind!

in reply to: rw4 #19153
              Be
              Participant

I am definetely getting old!

in reply to: rw4 #19151
                Be
                Participant

Hippie crap! 8)

I have been a fan for 15 years, but the noodeling just gets too much for me! Well, I will still go to every concert by MP in my area, but a few years back I have never been bored at a MP gig. These days, sometimes I am. I am gonna listen to the OYA-Timmy-performance much more than to 21 minutes of Bomb-Proof-Doodeling, I guess. Well, it's just taste.

in reply to: OT:Radiohead lend their music to fan-made live DVD #18223
                  Be
                  Participant

Well, no wonder! They are the coolest band in this universe! I have never seen them play a bad concert.

in reply to: Øyafestivalen #16587
                    Be
                    Participant

Even the video gives me goosebumps! Although rythmic clapping during The Golden Core should be severely punished!

in reply to: Øyafestivalen #16545
                      Be
                      Participant

Any Recording?

in reply to: Leizpig, Conne Island 07-06-2010 #17561
                        Be
                        Participant

Damn, I will never be able to listen to this Golden Core version without waiting for the spitting moment. It sounds really disgusting and stupid singing only lasts for couple of seconds. I still think Bent behaved like a moron!

in reply to: Leizpig, Conne Island 07-06-2010 #17493
                          Be
                          Participant

I am very in favour of silencing stupid screamers and they annoy me like hell. (I have a Placebo recording that is almost ruined by stupid moron teenage girls screaming their lungs out.)

BUT

Being an “artist” shouldn’t allow you to be an asshole. So somebody is screaming while you are singing? You are annoyed during ONE song at ONE evening (even it’s The Golden Core)? What the Fu**? Tell him to shut up, make fun of him, whatever, but to spit into the audience….? After all it’s just music and not brain surgery. Very weak and unsympathic!

in reply to: HAMBURG, 08.06.2010 #17383
                            Be
                            Participant

Yep, a very good gig. For me maybe even better than Bremen although the Chien version in Bremen was somewhat hotter.

Really nice to hear wearing yr smell, although Bent’s singing wasn’t all the best on this one. Somewhat sloppy version.

LLM featured an extra jam near the end which made it even longer. At first I thought it a bit strange to jam inside a “song” that is already over 20 minutes in it’s original form and quite “jammy” by itself, but it worked quite well.

Very good and hard Mountain.

I had the 577-impression mentioned above (because Kenneth was playing something that resembeld the keyboard sound), too, but I don’t think it was written on the setlists and Kenneth played something similar on his synth during the Chien Jam. So maybe it was wishful thinking.

The Other Fool was the last song written on the setlist and GT was supposed to be earlier in the set. They changed that, maybe because they were already playing that long.

Annoying fire alarm during the first encore in the back of the venue. Took them ages to shut it down. Fortunately the first encore was loud :-)

Very good sound and a very good audience.

in reply to: Leizpig, Conne Island 07-06-2010 #17487
                              Be
                              Participant

Nice setlist, but I read “noodeling” all over the place. So I hope for a tight rockshow tonight in Hamburg and for The Golden Core, of course.

@Alex

“proverbial dropped JAMS” is a nice (freudian?!?) typo :D

in reply to: DUNA JAM 05.06.2010 #17445
                                Be
                                Participant

Looks like about 30 people watched this ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 214 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994