Kid A

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38340
    Kid A
    Participant

Get your shit together… all of you. What many people don’t get, this shouldn’t be about ideology. It’s just a crappy situation we got ourselves in, due too many decades of disastrous lifestyle in the Western Hemisphere. We all just try to hang on, and there are many arguments for even more different approaches to the whole situation. And all of them cause their own collateral damages, either way you do something, there will be damage. There’s no right or wrong in this (mostly, of course there is, but you know what I mean). And if some parts of the event industry decide, to install some passport system, so they can return to some kind of normal earlier, then it’s a legit decision. A decision PRO music and not AGaINST anybody. If you don’t want to get vaccinated, fine. Then you wait a little bit longer till you can visit some concerts. So what? Your decision, you’re free. Stop judging, all of you. And remember, there’s almost no one profiteering from this whole situation. Beside of Amazon. So if you want to attack someone, Jeff Bezos it is. I think, we can agree on this, if not on anything else. Sail on!

in reply to: Kingdom of Oblivion #37985
      Kid A
      Participant

@cloudhawker Not like an Idles Album, that’s for sure :wink:

in reply to: New Music #34806
        Kid A
        Participant

Something old but new: Nick Mason‘s Saucerful of Secrets Live at the Roundhouse. For everyone who loves early Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd. Released as music only on vinyl or as a 3-disc concert film. Just blew me away

As I read in some review: Do you really need just another live recording of Astronomy Domine? Yes, this one you need.

in reply to: The All Is One #37502
          Kid A
          Participant

So, my humble opinion: this one is great. I’m not sure yet, if it’s one of my top releases, I’d rate The Tower a lot higher. But it’s really too early for a final judgement. The first part is really good, N.O.X. a masterwork, but I’m a little disappointed about the last part. Until now, there’s nothing in these songs that keeps sticking. Maybe it will grow a little in the future

in reply to: Stay-inside recommendations #37223
            Kid A
            Participant

So, if we’re talking comic books, I’d recommend the Library Editions of Hellboy. Some of the most beautiful comic books I read for years.

And if you’re looking for some weird space opera like stuff, check out the Saga Comics by Brian K. Vaughn (adults only :twisted: )

in reply to: Stay-inside recommendations #37220
              Kid A
              Participant

TV

If you have access to Amazon Prime, check out Kamasi Washington Live at Apollo Theater, amazing concert film

Mr Robot, the final Season just wrapped up

Music

All of King Buffalo (See other Thread :-) )

Thurston Moore – The Spirit Counsel

And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead – X: Into the godless void and other stories (and when you’re at it, also check out their album before, IX)

Reading

Cixin Liu: The Tri-Solaris Trilogy

Yuval Noah Harari: Sapiens – A Brief History of Human Kind

Stay safe, stay relaxed

in reply to: 2019-09-29 Bremen, Schlachthof #36110
                Kid A
                Participant

One little anecdote from the gig: my Apple Watch gives me a warning, if my heart rate goes unusually high, although I’m obviously doing no physical exercise or am not moving. This can be an indication for some cardio problems. Well, guess what happened during the second part of Pacific Sonata… 8O

in reply to: 2019-09-29 Bremen, Schlachthof #36108
                  Kid A
                  Participant

@Blashyrk It’s a really cool Comic drawing of Snah, with grey beard and everything and a comic style logo above saying „SNAH – since 1989“.

If you watch Westbeam‘s YouTube video from above about The Light Fantastic, you can see him at about minute 0:35, together with comic characters of Bent and Tomas.

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #35971
                    Kid A
                    Participant

If you want to grab it on the tour, take a little extra money with you! It’s no bargain, about 40,-€

in reply to: 2019-09-29 Bremen, Schlachthof #36104
                      Kid A
                      Participant

A gig fantastic. The band was in a light hearted mood, much laughing and smiling. More rock than the ones I attended in the last years. Tomas is more amazing with every passing year. The sound was mich better and clearer than the last time they played here on the Tower tour. No Evil was a nice surprise and fitted well with the night‘s „rock“ mood. And! The new shirts are very cool! Love the „Snah“ one

in reply to: 20-09-2019 Fuzz Club, Athens #36074
                        Kid A
                        Participant

No Crucible, that’s a first for this tour. Not playable as a trio?

in reply to: 13.09.2019 – ES Donostia, Dabadaba #35922
                          Kid A
                          Participant

That’s exactly the finale I wish for in Bremen on 29th. :MPD:

in reply to: What will they play in the upcoming tour? #35918
                            Kid A
                            Participant

Well, I would include Lux Aeterna and The Tower. They’re both likely to be played and I find them quite accessible despite their complexity.

in reply to: Sugarfoot – In The Clearing #35792
                              Kid A
                              Participant

Agree

in reply to: 2019-05-31 — Orion, Roma (IT) #35715
                                Kid A
                                Participant

Now that is a setlist for me :D. Featuring 7 of my all time MP live songs: PPP, Ãœberpilgrim, Watersound, Mountain, YouLied/B2C, Greener and Feel… WOW

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 122 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994