Kid A

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 2018-11-11 Forum, Bielefeld #33627
    Kid A
    Participant

Wrong thread

in reply to: New album update from Stickman Records newsletter #33617
      Kid A
      Participant

The Instagram shot of the recording session this summer featured the hashtag #nemesis

I think we have an album title here

in reply to: Oh how I miss that Motorpsychodelic heaviness… #33463
        Kid A
        Participant
          Quote:
          or those of you that feel there's something missing nowadays, and only find few new songs touching them the way they did in the 90's. What songs from the post-Geb area would that be?

I really love Lacuna, that’s again the melody that’s been mentioned before. That’s one that sticks. Hyena got this TM vibe in the melody, but I always found BHBC so poor in general sound, it’s nothing that could really touch me. The missing drummer got this one down, though there’s a lot of fine songwriting on the album. And Hell Pt. 4-6. I wish they‘d develop this whole Hell thing into something really outstanding. I think there’s a lot of unused potential in this.

in reply to: Oh how I miss that Motorpsychodelic heaviness… #33441
          Kid A
          Participant

It´s funny, that you mention Helmet, because that´s exactly what feedtime is :D Especially if you ever heard Helmet´s Page Hamilton scream "In the Meantime!"

I must admit, sometimes I miss the heaviness, but not the Feedtime-Gutwrech-Heaviness but the somewhat tamer grungy heaviness of "Junior", "Plan #1", "Leave it like that", "HA Mac" or "Back to Source" (miss the Black To Comm encores of the 90s as well :STG: ).

I think Bartok is as close as we will get nowadays.

in reply to: More TITS? #33411
            Kid A
            Participant

I saw the show in Bielefeld and it was one of the most fun concerts I visited.

So I´d vote for a Special Roadwork Edition of that last tour.

in reply to: That Motorpsychodelic Drug thing… #33388
              Kid A
              Participant

So that’s it: it’s not about drugs or no drugs, it’s about the image you projected on someone and now you must realize, the real person got nothing to do with your imagination. Happens a lot in life. Get used to it

in reply to: Deathprod and Andrew Scheps producing the new MP album #33366
                Kid A
                Participant
                  in reply to: Motorpsycho's working methods #33327
                  Kid A
                  Participant

Hey, Snah might not be God indeed, but Kenneth IS fuckin fast.

Btw: Spidergawd have also just finished recording and the new album is out by January.

in reply to: Motorpsycho's working methods #33318
                    Kid A
                    Participant

So, let‘s sail on, Psychonauts

in reply to: Deathprod and Andrew Scheps producing the new MP album #33360
                      Kid A
                      Participant

Hell, yes! Just listened to Demon Box (the song) the other day and imagined how cool it was, if they worked with Deathprod again.

in reply to: Motorpsycho's working methods #33309
                        Kid A
                        Participant

@mybestfriend83 Three points: First, you don´t have to have regularly psychodelic experiences to gain creative inspiration out of it. Me, I stopped travelling space about 17 years ago and still, the experience influences the way I think, act, live and listen. By the way, MP is one of the best vehicles for me to get a psychodelic experience out of an ordinary workday.

Second, don´t take the band as one entity. Just because Snah said, he never really did drugs, it could be something totally different with Bent. And he is the one doing most of the lyrics and songwriting.

And third: Who cares? As someone who is into some psychodelic "insight", you should probably know that it doesn´t really matter. The experience you have, when you listen to their music is yours. And the stories it tells you are yours and only yours. Truth is a pathless land and you may travel as it suits you. Drugs is only one way among many others.

in reply to: Motorpsycho's working methods #33290
                          Kid A
                          Participant

You can get some little bit on this by reading the booklets to the Deluxe Editions written by Bent.

It seems that their approach to work is as diverse as the music that comes out of it.

Some tracks were composed, rehearsed and produced within days, others were the product of years long trial and error (e.g. Stalemate), others came to life on stage and evolved over several gigs up to a studio recording, e.g. The Wheel

in reply to: The guys are in studio #33269
                            Kid A
                            Participant

So we will hear some new stuff on the fall tour

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32803
                              Kid A
                              Participant
                                Quote:
                                I think Taifun is from the Zwolle gig because it is how i remember them playing it. I think.

Makes sense, as it was the last song in Zwolle and on RW V it definitely sounds like a finale with the long audience recording

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32764
                                Kid A
                                Participant
                                  Quote:
                                  Stickman mentioned on Facebook that they should follow in July – I'm like yourself, don't need the physical releases (not the vinyl anyway), but it's some major suckage that you either pay thru the nose for product you don't want or sit around waiting

That´sgreat. Though I love my vinyl, I need a way to listen to my music on the go, so I need the streaming as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994