Darmok

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2019 #33831
    Darmok
    Participant

28.05.2019 – IT Trezzo sull'Adda (MI), Live Club

YES!!! :D

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32333
      Darmok
      Participant

So it's official that they're not coming to Italy this year? Gutted. :(

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32275
        Darmok
        Participant

Do you think they'll be coming to Italy before (or after) the German November dates, or that's it? :(

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32235
          Darmok
          Participant

Do you think that there are still some dates to add to the tour or is that it? It'd be strange for them to miss Italy entirely…

in reply to: 2017-12-09 Byscenen, Trondheim #31895
            Darmok
            Participant

Wow! Please tell me this was recorded!

in reply to: introduction to MP as a present. #31827
              Darmok
              Participant

Definitely something from the 90s, personally I feel that the best introduction is A&D, their most diverse yet cohesive effort, where every side of the band at that point is brilliantly shown, fun rock tunes (You Lied), arguably their best ballad (PPP), psychedelic journeys (Un Chien) and crazy heaviness (Heartattack Mac). So I'd choose that for the metal fan at least, for the other one it depends on what you think her reaction to the heavier songs would be, if you think something like H-Mac would be too much then go with Blissard!

I would avoid: compilations (just 'cause I hate them haha); anything from the Kenneth era, now we're accustomed to it but it's all pretty far-out for a newbie, I once tried to introduce MP to a prog (metal) fan friend of mine with LLM and it didn't go too well; and Demon Box, as wonderful as it is, because it needs many many listens to be truly appreciated (or at least it did in my case).

in reply to: Secret message on tote bag #31679
                Darmok
                Participant

It's clearly "a hidden ass". :mrgreen:

in reply to: Fall tour 2017 #30279
                  Darmok
                  Participant

@ Punj Lizard

You're missing "Ghost", played in Trezzo.

in reply to: Live songs from 1990 to present #31606
                    Darmok
                    Participant

Impressive work!

A couple of guesses: "Revolution" could be The Beatles' song, which is something I definitely could see MP playing at that point ("Revolution 9" was also an inspiration for the far-out section of "Have Spacesuit, Will Travel", according to Bent himself in the liner notes for the lyrics published on the site). "Rocket USA" is very likely to be a Suicide cover. "Something I Learned Today" is almost certainly the Husker Du song. Also, "Spin Spin Spin" is originally by Terry Callier, HP Lovecraft's version is a cover itself (though MP do follow HPL version's quite different lyrics, only the chorus is unchanged from Callier's). Hope this helps.

in reply to: 2017-11-11 Hannover, Faust #31573
                      Darmok
                      Participant

@Spacebandit

In Milan they (or probably just one guy, I don't know) whistled VERY loud in the most dramatic moment, right before the "about the pain" verse, to the point that I'm almost sure Bent stopped there for a second… Count yourself lucky if they whistled only in the beginning. :/

in reply to: 2017-11-04 The Cage Theatre Livorno #31473
                        Darmok
                        Participant

Could someone upload it to Dime too?

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31530
                          Darmok
                          Participant

@supernaut

Agreed on The Slow Phaseout, it's a beautiful pop/rock song that manages to be both catchy and engaging, also because (imho) it's not so totally predictable or just plain boring as some other tunes from that era (yeah, you guessed it, Up/Down :lol: ). And about Neverland, for all that it's a very simple, easy-listening song, it's a fun one, I don't particularly love it but I don't get all the hate it receives either. Of course I still prefer the 93-98 period, truly a golden era, even though I couldn't experience it directly since I was very young. :D

As for different tastes, I think it's one of the best qualities of MP to be so appealing to virtually any kind of true music lover. Also, one of the things I love most about them is that they never lost touch with any side of their past career. I like the fact that they're still playing regularly songs from the very beginning (even Blueberry Daydream!) and also songs from the "pop" era even if they're quite different from their new music. And most importantly, they're very often creative about it and do wonderful reinventions such as "Cornufornia" or "Uberpilgrim" (such a pity this was played only on one tour and never officially released – if I'm not mistaken).

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31518
                            Darmok
                            Participant

@pfnuesel

You're right, for once I love both Starhammer and the Unicorn and I could never grow tired of them. I'm totally with you on Ratcatcher though, I still have to find someone who actually likes that song. :lol:

in reply to: 2017-11-04 The Cage Theatre Livorno #31471
                              Darmok
                              Participant

@supernaut, thanks! Hoping for a full audio recording to surface on Dime. ;)

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31514
                                Darmok
                                Participant

@Blashyrkh

Sorry, I'm not clicking play on that. :lol: I've seen it live twice (the first was in that same '14 tour) and it was two times more than I needed. :P To each his own I guess, it's not like there's scarcity with MP. ;)

From the same era I'd have preferred something else from Phanerothyme, Painting the Night Unreal and The Slow Phaseout being my favourite picks. Or even Stained Glass, I'm certainly not the biggest LTEC fan but at least it would've been a first for me.

Oh, and I wish they'd keep track of where they play what! :lol: I mean, K9 is great, out-of-this-world and everything else, but it was also the 3rd time in the 4 last Milan shows, and given that it takes up nearly 1/4 of the show I really wish I could hear something different without being forced to follow them on tour. :D (which would be great, but, sadly, very unpractical at this point).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994