JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 216 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Oh how I miss that Motorpsychodelic heaviness… #33442
    JERO
    Participant

Oh yeah! Helmet! I love that and except for fuel, need it to drive my car to work, absolutely my 2nd fave sonic heroes that never lose their magic…As for the early heavy MP songs, love them very much, and always get back to them, it's a question of the energy and mood I'm in. When I bought the Demon Box box and wigged out to Loaded (live) I even gave their first albums another try (don't like the way they're produced although most songs are great)! But, then was then (and forever here) and now is now, and the latest developments of the band are so great, I have a feeling in ten years we may be talking like "don't you miss that fantastic Tower-era ?!!

We are just so lucky to enjoy all the diversity of MP. I hope they keep on exploring as is in their nature and won't repeat themselves (not talking about playing old stuff live, because that's always astonishing fresh and never "let's play it like it is on the record!)

in reply to: More TITS? #33418
      JERO
      Participant

Yeah, so let's hope Tomas won't pick up that washing board and head off… :lol:

in reply to: That Motorpsychodelic Drug thing… #33383
        JERO
        Participant

Must we start this same discussion all over again? (see working methods thread). Or is this a bad acid flashback of some kind? Agree with Mephisto here. :?

in reply to: Motorpsycho's working methods #33336
          JERO
          Participant

Thanx, Krist, for the links to these illuminating interviews! :idea: :!: :MPD:

in reply to: Motorpsycho's working methods #33321
            JERO
            Participant

@mybestfriend83, sorry you seem so upset. But I think too we have spoken enough about the drugthing here, after all the thread is about working methods.

(rock-)mythology: now there's a thing MP surely have played around with all this time, in references, wordpuns (booklets of the ep's for example), and I think it's great fun, being somewhat of a rock-quizzer myself. Surely studying rock-history has brought them lot's of ideas for their own music!

and now…:For our sensitive readers…don't be schocked: SNAH IS NOT GOD !!!(but Eric Clapton was said to be).It's playing with rock-mythology…Snah=Hans Magnus Ryan, no more and no less! And: Bartok of the Universe does NOT contain any Black Sabbath riffs, and so on! :lol:

in reply to: Motorpsycho's working methods #33298
              JERO
              Participant

I understand, @mybestfriend83, whatever they use for inspiration (and you as well!) is allright with me, just hoping they won't have to deal with "strings of stroop" when playing live, haha!

(stroop is a Dutch word for ehm melted-sugar-sauce, the stuff you put on pancakes, and I remember the bassplayer of Jefferson Airplane once said that playing while under acid made his strings feel like this?!) :lol:

in reply to: Motorpsycho's working methods #33294
                JERO
                Participant

@mybestfriend83; I don't believe a lot in that drugthing related to creative output. More often than not you play, or write, or paint or whatever under influence and think wow this is really great. Next day when you're sober it usually isn't. Maybe sometimes a little smoke may open up your ears, though. I remember a long time ago I listenened to Trout Mask Replica on headphones after smoking a joint and heard everything in a totaly new way. I don't want to criticize the use of mind-altering substances, but i.m.o. music made from a pure (developed) mind, heart, soul, is much more of an accomplishment.I remember Snah saying in an interview that he likes to be stoned, but on stage performing, there's so much going on he needs to be alert and probably not too hazy… So anyway, light one up for me, bestfriend, and enjoy, but I am much better since I quit 8 years ago. One thing I'll always be addicted to is MPmusic, the best trip there is!

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32822
                  JERO
                  Participant

Like the notes on the sleeve(s) say; the series is to highlight the improvisational and experimental side of MP-live, i.m.o. it's great to have document of this. Funny: first time I played the records I tried to figure out wich song I was listening to, thinking: wow, how are they gonna transfer this into TAIFUN ?!! Then I figured I best let go all expectations, forget about songs, and just dive into the ocean of sound!

in reply to: 2018-07-27 Burg Herzberg Festival #33199
                    JERO
                    Participant

Yes, and again I am amazed, and (have I said this a lot of times before?)how is it possible these guys still get better at what they do! I've heard so many of the Tower songs for about a year now, and still, every rendition an adventure. And now, proven by these vid's, like Bartok says in his post above "less muscle, though heavier", to me that's like the truly great musicians, able to convey this power with such apparent ease! Maastricht-gig is getting closer, and I feel like needing to go to 'church' again, to experience the magic and the wonder…long may they rock! (and jazz around!) :STG:

in reply to: 2018-07-26 DE Düsseldorf, Zakk #33180
                      JERO
                      Participant

(Year Zero Video)And how about that drummerboy! Great playing again, to me he's like Geb, Kenneth,

AND Bill Bruford ( the breaks) all in one, not to mention he's very much himself. Yeah, Snah is God, Bent is God, but Tomas is God!!!

in reply to: Hey everyone (new member saying hello) #33069
                        JERO
                        Participant

Yes, mr. Visitant, you wrote a very good article on MP there, looking for the core-experience of their music to put into words, very good. Ofcourse this forum will always be a lot about lists, tips and tastes, but actually, this kind of contribution I like the most; what is the MAGIC and the WONDER to you, to us (not to analyse it perse, but to describe these indeed life-changing experiences through the communication that is music)! Keep on!

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32301
                          JERO
                          Participant

Thanx, Krist for info. So one hour of power in Leeuwarden…It's hard to decide but I guess I have to skip this one…for me it's not nextdoor and I have to get up at 5.00 am next day for work.

to everyone going; have a good one, see you all anyway at the Maastricht gig later ! :|

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32783
                            JERO
                            Participant

@TheVoid; totally agree with you on this topic. I enjoy beautiful cd covers and boxes. Since I purchased the box versions of the first MP albums I now double up on the original ep's ( extra material in the boxes) but they are so dear to me, just holding something like the mountain ep in my hands and looking at it makes me feel so happy, these carton&plastic objects are to me a lot more than data-storage of music, they've been with me through fases of my life and mean a lot!

Also, MP packaging is usualy Artwork! ( the great Kim Hiorthoy)

in reply to: Roadworks I-V !!! #32777
                              JERO
                              Participant

Damn! this one must have the smallest logo-print ever! :lol:

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2018 #32297
                                JERO
                                Participant

Does anyone here know the timeslot for the MPgig at Welcome To The Village Leeuwarden 22/7 ???

The website doesn't mention (yet) ? I may need another dose of the Blasting Psychojazz Rockskronk,

but am pondering to go by train or Zilveren Schicht (my car that is)…?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994