supernaut

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,041 through 2,055 (of 2,233 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Stockholm Debaser 29 oct #14336
    supernaut
    Participant

      ha I’ve seen Henry stopping a stagediver on stage once. Told the band to stop playing and started to ask the guy why he fancies jumping into people’s faces. Quite awkward and embarrassing for the guy.

      Anyway, great setlist. Ocean, wow, never heard that one live before.

      in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO TOUR – MAY 2010 #14360
      supernaut
      Participant

        swiss dates swiss dates!

        in reply to: The roots of Motorpsycho #13146
        supernaut
        Participant

          @LLM

          Yeah the thought comes to the head sometimes. Then again, the boys are like living superjukeboxes. They obviously eat and breath 40 years of music history and digest it for their own stylistically spread oeuvre. You can’t have the common originality this way, like other artists have by simply repeating one idea for twenty records.

          The way they treat their music, how they perform and produce it, with tons of various instrumentation, I think that’s what leads to their originality. I’d also say they’ve maintained a signature style long ago, mostly in terms of tension and dynamics. So they can easily cite themselves, pulling an “ah, there we go again” then and now. By building up tension and stomping on that Taurus pedal. This too is something that defines them as unique.

          So I can’t think of a pure and typical Motorpsycho song. Well… Feel maybe? But the biggies like Heartattac Mac, Back to Source, Kill Devil Hills, STG, TGC, Wheel, Surfer, Ocean and Taifun and of course the LLM album are characteristic and defining works. Trust Us was such an elaborate album in these terms and therefore an ending to an era. Looking back, the westcoast poppier albums were an obvious move. And then jazz and country. And then the return of big growling amplification. Motorpsychedelism probably is simply a way of doing things.

          in reply to: Wanted: Ticket for 01.11.2009 Berlin, Lido #13943
          supernaut
          Participant

            to the devastated, there’s another Berlin show coming up in 2010 http://www.lido-berlin.de/events/view/549

            in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Tour #12510
            supernaut
            Participant

              Lido sold out but another Berlin show is confirmed for 2010: http://www.lido-berlin.de/events/view/549

              so there is another very very nice tour coming up.

              in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Tour #12507
              supernaut
              Participant

                there surely will be a tour in 2010. and another album. MP back on track! :MPD:

                in reply to: Wanted: Vinyl #13734
                supernaut
                Participant

                  @discogs list:

                  oh the Case Closed compo. I lost this CD… first time I heard MP ever.

                  in reply to: angels and demons at play: motorpsycho tribute #13925
                  supernaut
                  Participant

                    @GBD, yeah something buzzes somewhere. All passed and gone due to too much respect or something… Look at those daring italians! 8O

                    in reply to: The 20th Anniversary Tour #12502
                    supernaut
                    Participant

                      About Berlin:

                      I MIGHT have one ticket left. My berlin friend probably won’t make it to the show. So if it’s sold out and/or you need a ticket, mail me wiper@gmx.ch But I can’t tell you for sure yet.

                      —

                      I’d like to see them in a bigger venue for a change. In switzerland, they always play the 300-500 ppls venues.

                      in reply to: angels and demons at play: motorpsycho tribute #13918
                      supernaut
                      Participant

                        hi there.

                        sounds great. i’d go if i lived there.

                        btw… tribute… that rings something….

                        in reply to: The roots of Motorpsycho #13142
                        supernaut
                        Participant

                          Apart from the coverversions, I can’t think of a lyrical or songtitle related Kiss reference. Odd. But there’s of course the Deuce 1-1-2-1 sideways headbanging tribute in the Sinful-Windborne video.

                          So I’d add Kiss – Alive!

                          in reply to: The roots of Motorpsycho #13139
                          supernaut
                          Participant
                            Quote:
                            The new album has Whole Lotta Diana – AC/DC – Whole Lotta Rosie?

                            Since that guitarsolo after the flanged vocalpart is very Jimmy Pageyish, I’d rather go for Whole Lotta Love there.

                            in reply to: Rockefeller 14/10/09 #13839
                            supernaut
                            Participant

                              nice set, nice clips. of course with the odd idiot shouting in Year Zero. i wonder if i ever get to hear Glow live.

                              i just realized that they probably won’t ever play the LLM suite again… i mean it’d take about 30min off a setlist. buried now. like the k9 suite. sad. i don’t mind the k9 but LLM…

                              in reply to: Hamar, Hydranten #13792
                              supernaut
                              Participant

                                ah lovely. i’m so looking forward to hear the new album live.

                                but only 70 people????? last time i witnessed that was in ’97 in geneva…

                                in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12697
                                supernaut
                                Participant

                                  it wants to be liked. it’s the little cute ever happy neighbor’s boy, rabbit teeth & glasses. but it’s also one of those ballroom mccartneys giving me a hard time to listen to. like Obladidelida. Martha my Dear and When I’m 64.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 2,041 through 2,055 (of 2,233 total)

                                …hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994