The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 281 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Live songs from 1990 to present #31618
    The Other Anders
    Participant

@Flippern: Got anything but memory to back that up? You mentioned you got a setlist in the original thread… Current audience recording and concert reports do not include In The Family.

in reply to: Live songs from 1990 to present #31615
      The Other Anders
      Participant

Great, great stuff, Jürgen and BronYaur!

A few correction off the top of my head:

Heaven & Hell, Bielefeld soundcheck was on 12.10.2001.

Home of the Brave was played as an encore on the third Rockheim Demon Box concert 19.10.2015.

Leslie’s Vest was the early version of On A Plate.

So What was played as a snippet inside Walking With J. on the 2000 tour.

The Trane is most probably Dora Peach, it was named The Sunday Trane for a Sunday show on 2001, and had a new name each night.

We Travel The Spaceways was also played as a snippet inside Un Chien in Halden 28.03.2000.

in reply to: Favourite Show Fall Tour 2017 #31648
        The Other Anders
        Participant

Berlin was perfect in every way, one for my all time best list. Saw Copenhagen and Hannover too.

in reply to: 2017-11-10 Festsaal Kreuzberg Berlin #31580
          The Other Anders
          Participant

Great! For the non-German speaking, it's comedian and writer Oliver Polak, who has been a fan of the band since 93. He talks about Motorpsycho and how you need to see them live. Good promotion on Berlin's biggest local radio channel Radio Eins from a dedicated guy many of us know from the road.

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31192
            The Other Anders
            Participant

Kenneth Cape Town! :lol:

in reply to: 2017-11-06 New Age Club Roncade #31474
              The Other Anders
              Participant

Superwheel!

in reply to: 2017-10-30 Frankfurt, Zoom #31398
                The Other Anders
                Participant

At least three recordings have surfaced so far. Thanks to all the tapers, it's very appreciated!

I am listening to the matrix off dime as I type.

I would say much more than the first half is interesting.

Every song from August to Ship of Fools is heavy on jamming and far out stuff, except A.S.F.E., but it grooves along and works very well. Dream Home, Internet Explorer, Cornucopia, Pacific Sonata, even Cuckoo, and especially IMS, as well as Ship all reach new or different highs. Mountain is a bit shaky, but great that they play it in its full again, and that the original piano sound on the "The Entertainer/Pink Panther theme" references is back, curtesy of Kristoffer, I suppose.

In Our Tree makes for a shift of mood. From here on the rest of the main set effectively works as the first batch of encores.

In Our Tree is delivered very close to the album version, even the sound of the record is recreated on stage. I think they do this to a greater extent on this tour compared to many previous tours. Go To California back to record version. Upstairs-downstairs now finally with that one horn only – and it sounds better than ever before. The Wheel is restored to old glory, as is The Golden Core. Mountain sounds like Mountain again, while reports of a fully restored Taifun are ticking in. The catalysts here are of course Tomas and Kristoffer. The former opens up the landscape, and the latter fills it in together with the other two. It takes me back to the different records and periods of time again. I'd wish they broke out a restored 'Let Them Eat Cake' encore one day soon, opening with The Other Fool played on acoustic, amplified guitars like back in 2000.

You Lied is short, again as on record, while Spin Spin Spin stretches out in a 9 min jam that substitutes Lacuna/Sunrise, only upbeat.

Again an amazing, majestic The Tower with another beautiful, wild and far out middle part – one last round in orbit – before Feel takes us down and we have almost landed one more time…

Solid concert!

in reply to: 2017-11-09 Conne Island / Leipzig #31548
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

Yes, good old mindblowing. Outer orbit achieved. The Bomb-Proof Roll & Beyond on Roadwork IV to prove it.

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31504
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

I didn't notice. I am amazed he his in such good voice. Didn't someone mention a cold a few days ago?

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31502
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

Wow! Both are very good. Best quality so far.

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31499
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant

Great! Thanks! Those were the times…

I think Heartattack Mac could have been the ultimate song here.

Any recordings?

in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31497
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

Thanks for all the great comments and reviews! It's a pleasure to follow.

I totally get your gripe, Riccardo, with California placed there, although I love the song.

A presumably long and heavy Mountain followed by a groovy, jammed out Dream Home, and then a magic Manmower setting the perfect mood for more dark and doomy.

Can you describe Go to California? Short/long? Jams? Solos? Rocking/jazzy/laidback? Any thing new to it?

in reply to: 21-Oct-17 – Papenburg – Alte Kesselschmiede #31014
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

@ fillmore: Thanks, interesting. I used Spacebandit's estimate, he writes 500-600 in his notes to the recording.

in reply to: 2017-11-04 The Cage Theatre Livorno #31458
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

@ BronYAur: Did you see Geb play?

in reply to: 21-Oct-17 – Papenburg – Alte Kesselschmiede #31012
                                The Other Anders
                                Participant

An atmospheric recording has been up on DIME for a while. Thanks Spacebandit!

Great, great stuff going on. You can hear how this leads up to Bremen the next day.

Highlights almost too many to mention. Seven songs from The Tower performed with ever growing vitality, interspersed with a handful of lengthy renditions of beautiful older songs, served to this – for a Saturday night – amazingly quiet audience of 600.

Manmower is yet again growing in a new direction. Cornu-Cali-Copia contains a piano solo that sends my thoughts back to the Bård days. In Alchemyst they suddenly take it down to give way for a flügelhorn solo. The longest Lacuna/Sunrise recorded so far takes the journey deep into jazz land, and is chained together with a, so far, one-off performance on this tour of the laidback Entropy from 'Behind The Sun'.

To top it off after a mighty Ship of Fools they resurrect The Wheel in painstaking detail, and also add to it. The tour debut in Hamburg the night before was a good run-through. Here they nail it.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994