marc

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 278 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: first review !? of “heavy metal fruit” – german #15646
    marc
    Participant

lucky you! you owe us immediate report…and you know that ;-)

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO TOUR – MAY 2010 #14406
      marc
      Participant

agreed, too much sound to process. the good thing is that mp won’t start too early and i’ll simply skip rotor then. for every other band i’m ok with openers, but if mp is playing, mp is playing! :-P

in reply to: German Bent interiew #15760
        marc
        Participant

i like the energy of kenneth, but i wouldn’t say he is the better drummer. geb did also pull off weird fills and complex stuff – he simply didn’t do it all the time. he always played exactly what served the songs best. i still prefer his style – it has an incredible mix of both lightness and power to it.

but of course, the new constellation also changed the structure of the songs. mp-songs have always been complex in a way. i would say that, back then, this complexity was achieved by putting together rather simple/traditional riffs/melodies, making them a unique, mindblowing entity. the reason why i am having some difficulties getting into a good share of the recent output is that they (imo) overdo weird time signatures and stuff, on account of their biggest asset – patiently building up suspense.

still, i like that they are trying to reinvent themselves and find a new sound, just as unique. Given the studio time, i assume that “HMF” will be the first real representation of who they are right now and i am looking forward to it.

two cents!

in reply to: NRK P3 – Decade’s best song #15716
          marc
          Participant

ok,so lets make this a survey. what’s you favorite song of the last decade?

1. my best friend

2. triggerman

3. glow

4. the slow phaseout

5. alchemyst

in reply to: The Great SETLISTS massacre! #15499
            marc
            Participant

Kumbaya

Played in Trondheim 1994-12-09

WTF!

Raspberry Beret (Prince)

Played 3 times in 1994 (ps. 22-23)

WTF!

:lol:

in reply to: Snah songs #13994
              marc
              Participant

@ traktor: exactly, triggerman was the one!!

in reply to: Snah songs #13989
                marc
                Participant

plus “ocean in her eye” nowadays..and i remember having seen a video of a recent show, where snah was singing a song, which originally was a bent-tune. can’t remember the name, though.

in reply to: Uebel und Gefährlich, Backstage,Julia #13987
                  marc
                  Participant

haha, the whole story please! ;-)

in reply to: Bielefeld, 4.11.09 #14114
                    marc
                    Participant

wow, great set! any further info on ss4?

in reply to: Stavanger, Folken 16.10.2009 #13817
                      marc
                      Participant

wow, great set! i was a little undecided, but now i have to go see them. the sequence looks really weird, but that’s a good thing :-) hoping for TGC in berlin!!!

in reply to: Child of the future #13298
                        marc
                        Participant

after having given COTF a couple of spins throughout the last week, i have to say this record is crap. I tried real hard, but there is not one single melody or riff touching me – not the slightest bit. Referring to the comparison mentioned before…Barracuda kicks COTF’s ass big time!!!

i’m afraid their next album is going to be their first one since forever which i won’t buy without prior listening.

Please guys, stop jamming and start composing!!!

in reply to: Child of the future #13280
                          marc
                          Participant

haha, of course my judgement after listening twice is not ultimate, but to me most mp-albums had been love at first sight. there are no real lows, but also no mind-blowing moments where it’s like “what the fuck!!!”.

…to cut it short: i always adored mp for their balanced songwriting (never too much,but always enough)….now it sometimes seems like “either too much or not enough”.

in reply to: Child of the future #13274
                            marc
                            Participant

my copy finally arrived and after 2 spins i have to say i am a little underwhelmed.

it’s not bad, but nothing really catches on me. weird, when they were into pop-music (cake to love cult) i always wished they would do another rock album, but now i am honestly wishing for some nicely composed pop tunes.

in reply to: Child of the future #13273
                              marc
                              Participant

my copy finally arrived and after 2 spins i have to say i am a little underwhelmed.

it’s not bad, but nothing really catches on me. weird, when they were into pop-music (cake to love cult) i always wished they would do another rock album, but now i am honestly wishing for some nicely composed pop tunes.

in reply to: Child of the future – Mp3 #13356
                                marc
                                Participant

it’s about being able to listen to the music whenever/wherever i want. i paid for the record. if it shows up, i won’t hesitate.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 278 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994