Johnny_Heartfield

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 528 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 2017-11-05 Live Club Trezzo d'Adda #31527
    Johnny_Heartfield
    Participant

Strange – I have the same feeling about Eggplant and Behind the Sun.

Especially since I enjoyed the full Hell I-VII they played live in 2014. Sadly very unlikeley to be repeated again.

Would habe been good to release Hell as a single album or part of a double album – with all the other stuff on seperate vinyl. Propably the material wasn't all finished when Eggplant was released.

On the other hand I never had the feeling there was much filler material on the double albums – except for BHBC, that is. Even more heretic: I find Angels and Daemons one of the most incomplete albums they released, although almost every single tune of it is brilliant. And yet there's a feeling they just put anything they had at the time on it without considering an album concept (that's not a concept album ;-) ).

Trust Us beats AADAP in this respect by far – even being a double album, there's a kind of structure that leads you somewhere, not just a compilation of songs. That's what a good album does for me.

As for the Kenneth aera – imho Heavy Metal Fruit is up to anything released in the 90s, there are songs like Cornucopia that I'll always miss in a good MP gig and Here Be Monsters is probably the best album released after Trust Us. And live they reached a peak with Kenneth, especially in 2013 and 2014, for me probably the best live years of their whole career. I heard many comments of longstanding MP followers that they had just experienced the best MP concert of all times during that period.

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31193
      Johnny_Heartfield
      Participant

@ Punj Lizard: Good old synchronicity – or selective perception?

See you tommorrow.

in reply to: Botanique 29/10/2017-Brussels #31298
        Johnny_Heartfield
        Participant

Error 404 as well…

What about dime? (could include pix…)

Thanx in advance

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31185
          Johnny_Heartfield
          Participant

Don't worry, I'll spot you at Kult.

Say Hello to Prague for me – haven't been there for a while.

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31183
            Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

@ Punj Lizard: I'll be at Cafe Kult around 19.15 – Time for a relaxed cuppa before the gig. Walking is about 10 minutes from there.

When you leave the tram at Chlodwigplatz just turn right, cross the street and walk to the next corner. Hard to miss:

https://www.google.de/maps/@50.9209565,6.9600999,19z

See you there!

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31180
              Johnny_Heartfield
              Participant

@ Punj Lizard – There's lots of coffee shops and pubs around Chlodwigplatz – that's the best station to get out of Tram/Underground 16 from Hauptbahnhof. There is also a small cafe inside Stollwerck – but in winter quite limited space, especially before an event.

I usually have my coffee right round the corner from Chlodwigplatz tram station at Cafe Kult – but it's up to you. Depends when you're in town. The early bird might even catch Snah do his shopping with a plastic bag some hours before the gig – happened to me some years before ;-)

in reply to: 2017-10-30 Frankfurt, Zoom #31391
                Johnny_Heartfield
                Participant

Interesting first half. Cornucopia and Mountain! Tower back again…

in reply to: 2017-11-08 Köln, Bürgerhaus Stollwerck #31178
                  Johnny_Heartfield
                  Participant

Hi Punj, just recovered my password after months of inactivity.

I'm living in Köln quite close to the venue (10 minutes on foot), so if you like to get toghere before the gig, just tell me.

in reply to: Botanique 29/10/2017-Brussels #31295
                    Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

Please do also upload on DIME! Would be extremely grateful for a recording of that kind of gig!

in reply to: 2017-10-28 Zwolle, Hedon #31268
                      Johnny_Heartfield
                      Participant

Hope I'll get the other kind of gig in K̦ln Рjust 8 songs for 150 minutes like Bremen or Brussels. This here reads like the most uninteresting setlist of the tour so far to me Рif that's possible at all.

But there you go – different tastes…

in reply to: Dime – Please help. #31123
                        Johnny_Heartfield
                        Participant

Dime is indeed better than Motortrades.

Lost much time & nerves with Motortrades and was glad I lost my account there ;-)

Hard to keep your upload level even on Motortrades, because at times quite low traffic.

Probably uploading new material is easier on …trades, but I still prefer Dime! So please keep on uploading there, if possible!

Also don't like Motortrades' exclusivity clause. Like to spread the material as wide as possible. Strange Motortrade allows material from other sources but forbids posting original …trades material elsewhere. So please keep on diming!

in reply to: SUNN O))) – Live archives #27942
                          Johnny_Heartfield
                          Participant

I do prefer dime. I want to load stuff down on my pc, play around with the sound, compile collections etc… – just for my own private use of course.

Don't favour these online cloud music services. Bandcamp isn't the worst of all – but wait. Once popular everything online is sucked into the big commercial data superveillance machine.

B.t.w. – audience recordings should be free!

If MP or any other band want to offer additional stuff of minor sound quality on bandcamp – why not. Would enlarge the amount of accessible material.

But then – apart from commercial reasons – why release something that you're probably not fully content with yourself?

in reply to: Düsseldorf ticket for sale #27857
                            Johnny_Heartfield
                            Participant

Now sold.

in reply to: Düsseldorf ticket for sale #27856
                              Johnny_Heartfield
                              Participant

It's an E-ticket.

in reply to: COTF mp3? #27344
                                Johnny_Heartfield
                                Participant

That remark was directed at Hyena – you should find your coftf-link in the mail (adress that I found on your website)

enjoy!

btw: of course people without a record player bought the viny-only coftf – would have done the same. Nevertheless: vinyl rules!

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 528 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994