TAF

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 234 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40091
    TAF
    Participant

Looks like the albums are available with 30 second samples only, which 1) might be legal, and 2) is utterly pointless.

in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40077
      TAF
      Participant

Using archive.org is a good idea – however! – in order to be fully searchable, all tracks should have song titles in the file names AND in the ID3 tags. This is not the case with the vast majority of recordings in circulation today and will require a lot of work. Otherwise the archive would be impossible to navigate.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36733
        TAF
        Participant

Speaking of forums, it would be nice if the mpdb site itself had a small forum to discuss changes, additions and so on.

in reply to: Matrix recordings #40053
          TAF
          Participant

Speaking of Floyd, a couple of the matrixes of the Wembley 1974 concerts are superior to the officially released versions. 5.1 mix and everything. Frightening indeed!

in reply to: 2022-05-02 Hamburg Markthalle #39775
            TAF
            Participant

Any chance that the recordings from the 3 source matrix will be posted separately?

in reply to: Is there anybody out there? #38866
              TAF
              Participant

I love Neverland! Mostly, I think, because of the infectious bass line, especially during the chorus. And the groove is off the charts!

Speaking of Neverland, I like a lot of the less popular songs from Love Cult: Circles, This Otherness and The Mirror and the Lie all have interesting arrangements that hit me very different from most of their other stuff (I still don't like What If…, though). It could be interesting to hear what kind of spin the current lineup might put on these three songs in a live setting, along with Composite Head (which they've NEVER performed live?!).

I often feel like the odd one out in some of the love/hate discussions in here, as I not only love Neverland, but also Ratcatcher – AND I really enjoy the Unicorn.

But these are mere quibbles. Here are some opinions that will be truly unpopular, I think:

– I never listen to Demon Box. Can't entirely explain why, but I guess it's mostly down to the production of it. I really hate the drum sound, for instance.

– Off The Tower, my least favourite tracks are ASFE, Intrepid Explorer, Ship of Fools and particularily The Cuckoo.

– I usually skip Lux Aeterna. (Don't know what's going on with Bent's voice, it's so uncharacteristically nasal. And the lyrics just make me cringe)

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO IMPURE COMPANY May 27-30 #38560
                TAF
                Participant

Reminds me of these guys, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tecWCp3o2I

in reply to: Backwards speaking Home of the Brave #37740
                  TAF
                  Participant

Assuming you mean TFC.

Why don't we all judge for ourselves? https://filebin.net/5nz0pj4oegr61idd

"Snah finger (?) hurgle gurgles us (??) nate paper (?!?)"

in reply to: The All Is One #37451
                    TAF
                    Participant

Fricke knows his Motorpsycho stuff as well, as he's been a fan ever since Little Lucid Moments in 2008. :P

in reply to: The All Is One #37383
                      TAF
                      Participant

All right, a couple of songs that come to mind just from the track list:

Terry Callier, who wrote "Spin, Spin, Spin" that MP covered via HP Lovecraft, also wrote one called "You Goin' Miss Your Candyman". The lyric "Like a circle around the sun" is repeated a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY2VfzBWKXM

Also, Roy Harper, "The Same Old Rock" (1971):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY3HonMsqn8

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36647
                        TAF
                        Participant

Maybe songs should be registered differently depending on if they were performed in their entirety or as a part of a jam in another song?

So the entry for a song might be something like:

GO TO CALIFORNIA:

– X complete performances

– Z partial performances

Where the "partial" performances would link to the times it was performed within …Cornucopia, was it?

in reply to: The Light Fantastic #36020
                          TAF
                          Participant

Mine has arrived! :D

No download link however, so since I'm turntabley challenged at the moment I can't hear it. D:

Looks nice though! :D

in reply to: 30 years live stats #36413
                            TAF
                            Participant

We want! :D

in reply to: 30 years live stats #36400
                              TAF
                              Participant

Since this thread has popped back up again:

A few years ago (2012-13) I spent some time (an embarrassing amount of time, to be honest) manually adding setlists, year by year, from DAMPSABA to setlist.fm, in an attempt to gather all setlist data in one place.

I've since not paid much attention to setlist.fm, but it seems to me that it's still probably the best repository for MP live stats that we're likely to get – even if there's a few issues with the way data is presented (only counts MP, as MP+StÃ¥le Storløkken is a separate entity, snippets of songs within other songs is hard to present in a logical manner, etc.)

If some of the nerdier members of this forum (quite a few of us here, it seems) had the time, it would take only a little bit of effort from each of us to maintain this repository and keep it up to date.

in reply to: Leipzig Conne Island 16.10.2019 #36254
                                TAF
                                Participant

@Juergen: Wasn't the 2011 Zappanale streamed live? And, more philosophically: does internet radio count as radio? :P

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 234 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994