Valderrama

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #42027
    Valderrama
    Participant

@UnChien, merchtable – they have a Rockbottom (A) and Silver Dollar Forger (B, Nazareth) tour single. A pretty darn surprising hardrocking little diamond. Recorded with Reine & Tomas Dec 22, mastered by Helge.

in reply to: New Music #41897
      Valderrama
      Participant

Lovely video. The lady reminds me of Agnetha in SOS.

in reply to: Tomas off? #40924
        Valderrama
        Participant

For MP I wonder if they would like to be a proper threesome again instead of 2 plus a session drummer (this label really struck me in the insta post, although it might just as well be about Tomas’ ambitions – don’t know).

in reply to: Tomas off? #40923
          Valderrama
          Participant

Tomas, really sad to see you go. Enjoyed your playing with MP. Thanks so much. I remember seeing you perform with Zu in DBs Utrecht. It was when you were about to join MP. The Swedish national soccer team were playing and in between Zu’s incredible wall of noise you asked the crowd what the halftime score was. 0-1 somebody said. You screamed shit and banged the hell out of the venue. Wishing you all the best, will be following you wherever you’re headed.

in reply to: New Music #40894
            Valderrama
            Participant

Anyone checked the new Elder album yet, Innate Passage? Really like it!

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36732
              Valderrama
              Participant

Great work Blashyrkh, many thanks!

Not sure if this has already been done or considered – would Thor want to share his wonderful MP photography through the DB?

in reply to: An evening with(out) Motorpsycho #39581
                Valderrama
                Participant

Great guys! Won't be able to attend (wish I could) but hope you'll have a wonderful evening. Really a nice idea to celebrate our heroes this way for lack of their concerts in these times….:)

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38484
                  Valderrama
                  Participant

:cheers:

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38482
                    Valderrama
                    Participant

YES HE IS

in reply to: Short interview with Bent for laut.de #38417
                      Valderrama
                      Participant

Dear suntripper, dear fellow psychonauts,

Why are face masks designed with no respect for people with beards?

What if more of us were women? How would this thread look like? Or are most of us in fact females using male nicknames?

What is the footprint of all that plastic waste related to our fight against the virus?

So we are fighting the virus, right? Shouldn’t we learn to live with it in stead?

How would Charles Darwin view the pandemic and the way we deal with it?

All along in this thread I’ve been wondering. In times of extreme uncertainty, how come there are so many answers and so few questions?

I feel grateful for the decreasing infections, largely due to vaccination. Enormous respect for our medical fellow humans who are working so hard. I’d like to support the common good, show solidarity, see MP live again. Yet I have doubts about the vaccines that I regard as experimental for the time being and of unknown impact to my body. What should I do?

Why is the what-if question so difficult to spot on this thread? Imagine yourself, Johnny, Supernaut, the Conscience or any of us asking: what if it’s the other way around?

For instance: what if my doubts are unnecessary? Many say: the risk of taking the vaccine is far less than the probability of severe health problems when attracting corona. Others say: let go of your skepticism. Yes. Good points.

How come we so easily seem to dismiss another person’s opinion as a stereotype like binary, antivax, conspiracy, egoism? Is it because we are afraid, taking the easy way out, too filled up with preconceptions? What are we missing by not being a bit more open? Wouldn’t it at least be interesting to hear a story we haven’t heard before?

Punj said earlier in this thread he believes we are fucked. Here in Holland we keep thousands of animals stuffed with antibiotics in huge stables in order to supply our meat factories. Some Dutch are proud that our tiny country is one of the biggest agricultural exporters in the world. To protect the industry, once a contagious disease is found, we butcher all animals at risk in no time, by the hundreds of thousands.

Imagine we were the animals and the animals were us and they would treat us the way we treat them.

The virus is believed to have first emerged in the same bizarre meat-mass-consumption realm. Apart from our kind of handling of the symptoms of a perverted world, shouldn’t we also discuss the need for intrinsic health or even system change? Not on this forum please. Fair enough. In any case, at least it would bring us closer to our other common good since many of the Gullvåg lyrics are related to this topic.

Mankind likes to kill prophets. Jesus was only 33 years old. What if the virus were a mini-prophet, with a voice and an opinion of its own?

Are we fucked? Here’s an attempt by Nick Cave to say something meaningful.

in reply to: The All Is One – reviews #37675
                        Valderrama
                        Participant

Two reviews in Dutch:

NRC

Volkskrant

in reply to: The All Is One – reviews #37654
                          Valderrama
                          Participant
                            in reply to: 2019-05-19 Tivoli Utrecht #35578
                            Valderrama
                            Participant

Google translation:

Sizzling floating therapy at Motorpsycho. This was not a concert, but a space mission. The only goal that the show of the Norwegian trio Motorpsycho seemed to have on Sunday in a sold-out TivoliVredenburg was: to swing all spectators as far as possible outside the atmosphere. What felt like an endless journey towards weightlessness turned out to be an unparalleled rock show that lasted no less than two hours and fifty minutes. In short: mission accomplished. Motorpsycho has been in existence for thirty years. During that time, the excentrics from Trondheim released dozens of records on which they played at least as many styles. What started as grunge-like alto-metal gradually changed into dream pop, hip-rock, country, jazz, etc. In recent years the band has been floating in a multi-colored bubble of psychedelic (prog) rock. The average length of the songs grew exponentially, the number of tracks per record fell drastically: The Crucible, which was released this year, only has three. Live singer-bassist Bent Sæther and guitarist Hans Magnus Ryan turn out to be explorers who descend improvisingly into the deepest corners of their own notes and deliberately get lost there. Almost every song they derail halfway through, to completely turn it inside out, and then see where it ends. In this way the band explores the oeuvre down to the very fringes, from hard to ultra-soft. This sizzling floating therapy, that is what the psychonauts – as the Motor psycho fans tend to call themselves – have come to for. After almost three hours of booming guitar roar and intense near silence, they all landed nicely on their feet again. Rock Motorpsycho Heard: 19/5, TivoliVredenburg Utrecht Frank Provoost

in reply to: 2019-05-19 Tivoli Utrecht #35577
                              Valderrama
                              Participant
                                in reply to: New Music #34751
                                Valderrama
                                Participant

Fueled by Motörhead, Clutch, Spidergawd, early Peppers, Soulwax, 7Zuma7, Randy Rhoads and Mahogany Rush, check out this lovely recent EP

YeahBabyYeah – Solar

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994