ringo

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Metastadt, Vienna 27.04.2024 #42750
    ringo
    Participant

Just back from Vienna. Yes, the setlist is correct so far, except for 3Spin was part of the Hogwash jam and Patterns is missing. That came after Tower, if I remember correctly. The band was in a very good mood, without their own backline they didn’t need 15 minutes to set up. Olaf took the longest tuning the drums. Psycholab is a blast live, much better than the single version, at least in my humble opinion. Dank State fast and electric, very nice. Daedalus with a spacey jam, also great. Towards the end, Bent discovered the volume controls and overwhelmed the PA, which was way too small.

Metastadt is a nice location in itself. The organisers were really motivated, but they still need some practice with the equipment. In the end, Motorpsycho was the only band with a halfway tolerable sound, the support acts were certainly good, but unfortunately the sound was not.

• This reply was modified 2 days, 1 hour ago by ringo.
      in reply to: 29.11.2023 DE Berlin – SO36 #42223
      ringo
      Participant

A big thanks to the unknown psychonaut who gave my son his leftover ticket to the sold out show!

:mp:

in reply to: 2022-05-03 Hannover, Faust #39799
        ringo
        Participant

You're welcome :-)

in reply to: 2022-05-03 Hannover, Faust #39797
          ringo
          Participant

@Emily577Grimes You got mail.

in reply to: 2022-05-03 Hannover, Faust #39794
            ringo
            Participant

Unfortunately, the concert is no longer in the media library of Deutschlandfunk. By the way, the concert is the one from 2019 in Leipzig.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36750
              ringo
              Participant

Yes, I know :-) Cheers, Ringo (real name)

But there was indeed a legal warning from the right holder of this name.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #36748
                ringo
                Participant

I have just a small correction: Beatpol and Starclub in Dresden are two names for the same venue. They had to rename themselves a few years ago because the owner of the name of a long-abandoned club in Hamburg insisted on it.

in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40093
                  ringo
                  Participant

@TAF This seems to be true for most of them, but for KoO and TAIO full MP3 versions are indeed downloadable.

in reply to: other Bootleg-Exchange-Platform then Dime #40090
                    ringo
                    Participant
                      in reply to: Personal MP Concert Statistics #40022
                      ringo
                      Participant

I actually gathered the concerts from https://mpdb.space/ and entered the songs in a table and counted them together. Took as long as "Little Lucid Moments" :-)

in reply to: Personal MP Concert Statistics #40013
                        ringo
                        Participant

@dongonz It seems we have seen each other some times :-)

Concerts visited: 15 (2008-2022)

Locations:

Beatpol, Dresden x5; Conne Island, Leipzig x4; Festsaal Kreuzberg, Berlin x2; Faust, Hannover 1x; Schlachthof, Bremen 1x; Schlachthof, Wiesbaden 1x; Gloria, Köln 1x

Songs heard: 228

Different songs played: about 90? 121

Song played most often: no idea Greener 7x, Cruicible 7x

Song anticipated most: All is loneliness

Specials:

2008 Beatpol, Dresden – my very first one, I had no idea who they are, I just read an ad in the city news and thought "Motorpsycho" sounds like "Motörhead" might be not too bad. They needed about 15 Minutes to catch me :-)

2012 Conne Island, Leipzig – The Death Defying Unicorn my second one. Unbelievably loud, unbelievably good and "Burn" as an encore. From that point on, they had me forever.

in reply to: Møster! Dust Breathing (new album) #37923
                          ringo
                          Participant

They offer the vinyl version on Bandcamp: https://moster.bandcamp.com/ I guess, you can get it from there.

in reply to: Verkstedhallen 22.10.20 #37838
                            ringo
                            Participant

Hi Psychonauts, I would also be *very* happy about an invitation :cheers:

in reply to: Motorpsycho VHS archive #36495
                              ringo
                              Participant

The Mountain!

Thank you Bernie!

in reply to: Leipzig Conne Island 16.10.2019 #36288
                                ringo
                                Participant

No risk of broken legs. The radio station itself advertises the recorder software. Germans pay for this every month, you know :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994