Reinseth

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 29.9.2023 – Terminalen, Ålesund #41852
    Reinseth
    Participant

Runtime approx 2:50

Great show and great crowd (even though not too many people, Bent remarked when he entered the stage that “this is the quietest crowd I have ever witnessed” or something to that effect. But once the show started, the crowd livened up!). A bit loud at times for my taste, the vocals drowning in the guitars.

in reply to: 30.9.2023 – Kultursalen, Sandane #41849
      Reinseth
      Participant

About Oluf, he says that he noticed his stiff upper arms.

He does play with the left arm raised pretty high, but it’s not stiff, quite the contrary at least that is my impression. I might be wrong here, but I think that he plays with the snare tilted like you would do with a traditional grip (meaning that the snare is higher on the left side).

in reply to: Oslo Røverstaden 14.04.18 #32874
        Reinseth
        Participant

Yes! Then it’s probably Reine. Hard to tell from where I’m standing. (Røverstaden is not the best venue I’ve been at.

They played Spin, spin, spin into Hush. I was wondering about the rhythm/groove of Spin, spin, spin, but it all made sense when they started Hush :)

in reply to: 2017-09-23 Konserthuset, Oslo #30787
          Reinseth
          Participant

The performance and appearance when playing Hell really brought Deep Purple Live in Japan to mind. Especially with the seated audience.

in reply to: 2017-09-23 Konserthuset, Oslo #30786
            Reinseth
            Participant

I sat in the middle of row 2 in the balcony, and the sound was an improvement over Terminalen last Wednesday.The vocals were clearer, and some songs that didn't work at Terminalen came to life here. Especially Heartattack Mac which was just a mess at Terminalen. Intrepedid Explorer, however, didn't work for me here. The pedal bass from Bent is just too static and loud and drowns his guitar. I don't think they need that extra bass at all.

A bit disappointed that this show didn't differ from the previous shows. Had expected something special since they booked Konserthuset. But a great gig nevertheless. Well worth the trip.

Highlights for me:

Hell

Heartattack Mac

Ship of fools (which blew my mind)

Edit: typo

in reply to: 2017-09-20 Terminalen, Ã…lesund #30815
              Reinseth
              Participant

Yeah, I really missed the sonata. Maybe it's a bit too difficult? (the timings in the recording is even off sometimes)

EDIT: guess they need that fourth member for the sonata to work.

in reply to: 2017-09-20 Terminalen, Ã…lesund #30813
                Reinseth
                Participant

The set was 2,5 hrs, non stop. They seemed to change their mind about an encore, and came back on stage right after they went off and went on to play Feel.

The sound wasn't the best I've heard. Didn't see them the last time at Terminalen, so can't compare, but saw them at Rockefeller last year, and then the sound was much better, more defined. Here the guitars sometimes were drowned by the bass drones. It reminds me of the Rockefeller concerts around 2006-2008 where the sound was similar.

Bent asked if there were any people over 20 years in the audience, and went on to say that this next one is indeed 20 years old and started Heartattack Mac, which was very well received.

Intrepid Explorer was fantastic, and the the mid section of Un Chien was very psychedelic with a repetitive bass riff (all 16ths on the same note) the kept increasing in intensity and eventually speed. It was awesome to follow the dynamic between Bent and Tomas (with Bent being the obvious boss, which reminds me of the early concerts with Kenneth).

Talking about Kenneth. I really missed him last night, at least in the beginning of the show. I felt MP is lacking a dimension now that he is gone. But later in the show, Tomas really proved himself, and I think he too will put his mark on the music given enough time.

The new material is still pretty raw and I guess it will be a few more shows before they are really tight.

Overall great concert, a bit loud but shouldn't complain about that.

Looking forward to the gig on Saturday!

in reply to: Two tickets for sale: Rockefeller 02/04/2016 #29093
                  Reinseth
                  Participant

And then they are gone :)

in reply to: 12.04.13: Rockefeller, Oslo #23960
                    Reinseth
                    Participant

What a show. I still can't believe how tight Kenneth's playing was.

in reply to: Orgelfest II in Oslo Domkirke #20673
                      Reinseth
                      Participant

Where's the media in all this? Haven't found a single review yet (checked aftenposten, dagbladet, vg and nrk).

in reply to: Tickets for domkirken, 28/11 #21030
                        Reinseth
                        Participant

Never mind, some tickets just got available again so i'm all good. Phew!

in reply to: Rockefeller 14/10/09 #13842
                          Reinseth
                          Participant

I agree about Kenneth. He was a god behind that drumset. It’s a long time since I’ve been in awe of any drumming, but that was just amazing! And it’s good to see him and Bent playing so tight.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994