David

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author

Nice! I can't imagine how excited I'd be by seeing accidentally some motorpsycho related street art. I should think about doing something to honor the band.

My artsy stuff is over here davidcrunelle.com and https://instagram.com/david.crunelle , but animations used by the band were posted on my other account https://instagram.com/davidcrunelle (no dot)

in reply to: Art #37600

Some of my animation artwork has been used during the 2018 (?) tour, when the band asked to send visuals for their shows. It's not related to Motorpsycho but their music is and was a constant inspiration while making artsy stuff. Bent is actually following closely my art account on Instagram, which is very cool of him.

in reply to: RIP Torsten Walker #37592

I did trade bootlegs with him around 2002/2003, which was a huge part of the unforgettable memories of being a psychonaut back in the day. I thank him for that.

RIP Torsten.

Also, fuck cancer.

in reply to: Pulsator #37328

Same, very curious about the whole package and the music made for it.

in reply to: Motorpsycho Artwork #37354

Sharing all your positive vibes about the recent artwork direction, but not having the Motorpsycho logo on the side of the LP is a nightmare for all fellow OCD psychonauts out there.

in reply to: The All Is One #37369

Motorpsycho saving 2020.

in reply to: Pulsator #37326

Thanks Thor, looking great! I played a little bit with soft pouring (used here https://www.behance.net/gallery/76150493/DES-YEUX-artwork) but it's too random and messy for me, it requires skills I'm not ready to learn yet…

Very much looking forward to receiving the box!

in reply to: Pulsator #37324
    Quote:
    The music is available with the film when you buy the box.

See a presentation and a teaser here animathor.no

Looking forward to it. It seems like a soft-pouring-like technique using stuff like silicon or coconut oil to create the cells in liquid acrylic.

in reply to: Pulsator #37321

Looks interesting. Is the music available somewhere already? Or is there more info about it?

in reply to: Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014 #37163

Don't worry I'll be posting about it once the copies are here. I'd rather have them on hands before giving false hopes to fellow psychonauts.

in reply to: Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014 #37161

I managed to get 1 copy of the Cloudwalkers EP and 2 copies of the test pressing.

It's still in Boston right now, hoping to get the post-service back on track anytime soon. Once the copies are here (Brussels), I'll post here for some trade options for anyone interested.

in reply to: New Elder LP #37286

Very good album.

I pre-ordered it but the package (sent April 17) is still stuck somewhere between Germany and Belgium.

Looking forward to having that nice brown LP version in hands.

in reply to: Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014 #37156

My two cents about this release: it's a bootleg. In all forms. Cheap, limited, rough production, only a part of the whole show, etc. It only has value for hardcore completists.

As much as every psychonaut would love to have it in his/her collection, it's still just a bootleg.

"Strings Of Stroop Live At Effenaar" feels a bit the same to me: not a complete live show, ugly artwork, hard to get copies of it. I missed this release somehow but don't really care about it because it just doesn't feel like a genuine MP release. No need to stress for not having a copy of a release that just doesn't feel like a regular release.

I somehow managed to order a copy of this release and two copies of the test pressing ("30" test pressings wtf seriously) and I'll be glad to share all my copies with fellow psychonauts later this year. I just got lucky and ordered the minute before it ends but still don't really care much about this bootleg release.

in reply to: Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014 #37153
    Quote:
    You can’t. So my suggestion would be a trade with the first and best just to get it over with. That would be me, I guess :wink:

You’re welcome to drop me an e-mail

Ah! That's the point, most hardcore fans and collectors have missed this release because they weren't 'fast enough'. I've lost the chance to get stuff myself, so I really don't know what's the best way to deal with it without being an asshole. I'll definitely trade it.

I'll post again here once the records are here (Belgium), now they're still in the Boston area.

in reply to: Cloudwalkers Live LP Freak Valley Festival 2014 #37151

I somehow managed to get 2 test-pressing of this release. Both are stuck in the US right now tho, should get them in a couple of months.

Anyway, what would be the best way to share/trade this extra copy without creating a ton of drama amongst psychonauts?

Thanks for your advice.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994