toresan

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 29.11.2023 DE Berlin – SO36 #42214
    toresan
    Participant

Judging from the recent setlists and the reportz from the shows it looks like the magic bus indeed has arrived! Wish there were more shows right away.

Why not start the tour from the top again and treat us all to a tour encoré? :stg:

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by toresan.
      in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40142
      toresan
      Participant

Chariot Of The Sun – To Phaeton On The Occasion Of Sunrise (Theme From An Imagined Movie)

Is this their longest song title to date?

in reply to: Blitz 26 november #39444
        toresan
        Participant

Agree with what has been said here. Great start with Whip and Frances, Superstooge once again had Fiske playing the slide guitar lick which was nice, and it had a great noisy middle section. The next four songs didn't cut it for me and Fiske broke a string at some point in there and maybe that took some focus. I also had to struggle with the drunken audience during those songs before I moved away from the worst of them. S.T.G. Picked up the pace again and had another great noisy crescendo, but the best parts of the concert came from the jam section in At Empire's End and out. Cornucopia, Diana and The Wheel were excellent and had some truly wonderful jamming.

in reply to: Blitz November 24th #39417
          toresan
          Participant

Same here. Simply a great gig. I was really reminded tonight of the fact that it's not really too important what setlist they bring, it's more about how often they can be in the zone and churn out a great musical performance. Some splendid moments tonight and plenty of songs where they definitely were in the zone.

in reply to: Motorpsycho — Live 2020 #36983
            toresan
            Participant

Yeah, best-case scenario now is probably that the Blitz-gigs will be postponed til later.

in reply to: On My Pillow guitar #37012
              toresan
              Participant

You've got the beginning down, so now draw the rest of the fucking owl! :lol:

Seems like the UG-tab is over-simplified to the extent it doesn't quite fit the melody anymore. I tried to look and listen at what Snah does and this seems to be the chords he are playing, more or less, with possibly some details missing:

E|

B|–2–3–3

2–2–5

7-8-7-3-5-1

1-2-5-1-2-5-1-2-5-5

G|–0–0–0

0–0–5

7-7-7-5-5-0

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-5

D|–2–4–4

2–0–5

7-7-7-5-5-2

1-2-5-1-2-5-1-2-5-5

A|–0–0–5

0–2–3

5-5-5-3-3-3

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-3

e|

The timing and order of chords is left as an assignment for the reader. :P

in reply to: The All Is One #37429
                toresan
                Participant

Catchy song and a lot of great details!

Vinyl ordered (which would have happened with or without a single)!

in reply to: Passing on bootlegs #37605
                  toresan
                  Participant

Great! Contact me at (email edited out).

in reply to: 2018-09-29 Union Scene, Drammen, NO #33539
                    toresan
                    Participant

Even with quality earplugs I struggled with the sound (though it was definitely a difference from the front to the back,and the sound improved somewhat during the show).

Nonetheless, a great show as already stated!

in reply to: 2018-09-29 Union Scene, Drammen, NO #33537
                      toresan
                      Participant

S.T.G. to the end had a lot of energy and great jams, but the sound in Union was unfortunately a bit too loud as mentioned already. Snah and Lars suffered from this the most. But despite the sound there is already quite the progression with this foursome when it comes to jamming and interesting interactions during the songs:

– the end jam of STG was pure bliss

– Lacuna transcended the Kolbotn-experience, great interactions

– dream home was massive

– wheel was very true to the record, but still one of the heaviest I've heard

– manmower and the tower were both playful and fun.

All in all very psychedelic, loud and fun, but I longed for the Kolbotn-sound many times.

That was as objective as I'm able to be right now, but now for the subjective part:

Wohoooo! Damn I had a lot of fun! Lots of spaced out great moments! I love these guys!

in reply to: 2018-09-29 Union Scene, Drammen, NO #33533
                        toresan
                        Participant

Ship of fools >

Taifun

Bartok

Cuckoo

Stg >

Lacuna

Dream home

Upstairs

Wheel

Plan #1

Manmower

The Tower

2:21

in reply to: Promotion Thread – Post your music here #12057
                          toresan
                          Participant

Our band, Tapewind, recently released our first song and music video:

The song is mastered by Helge Sten. Enjoy!

in reply to: Here Be Monsters – tour statistics #29595
                            toresan
                            Participant

It's a piece composed by Ralph Vaughan Williams called The Lark Ascending:

The Lark Ascending

in reply to: Demon Box Interview – Slottsfjell 18th July #28074
                              toresan
                              Participant

Tore Sandbakk

Edit: no need for the email anymore.

in reply to: The Return of Jésus, part II #27538
                                toresan
                                Participant

The entire soundtrack is available on Spotify for anyone who would like til listen to it (including Motorpsycho's Seethe). The Motorpsycho track is of course also available on the Timothy's Monster boxset that was released in 2010.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994