gyankumar

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author
  • Hej! Is that date(28th Oslo domkirke) confirmed??? I read the article in adressa and there was no date mentioned! The 28th is a monday…..spacesuit will travel! Kumar

in reply to: Düsseldorf 17/10/2011 #20450

Hej!It´s the same song!

First line in the lyrics…..walking on the water!

Refrain……you lied!

Sounds like a fantastic concert. Pitty I had to go home to Sweden after the Eindhoven show.

Well, I`m sure there is more to come.

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO — summer and fall 2011 #19755

Hej Alex! I bought two LP´s and got two different vouchers, so I guess there is no regulation about the number of copies you buy. See you in Eindhoven. Kumar

in reply to: Another live-album out this autumn? #19997

Hej! Isn`t it great!?! I can sit here in Sweden and order my LP via ticketmaster, pay via credit card, get a confirmation number so that I can pick it up in Eindhoven the 15th of october! Fucking unbelievable! So who cares if you can buy one or five (which, by the way, is possible; you simply receive five different code vouchers!). I just love the idea about the LP release and I am sure that everybody who wants to be there will find a way! And thinking of 1998 effenaars version of vurtex surfer and the wheel gives quite some possibilities to the set list! See you there!

in reply to: Gig at the Opera, easter #19896

Yes! Just as I wished for when the discussion about touring w. Trondheim Jazz Orchestra came up on this forum.

in reply to: Kongsberg Jazzfestival July 09 2011 #19883

Hej! Just back from a fantastic Kongsberg Jazz Festival. Already last years appearance at Molde Jazz and the ongoing collaboration with musicians from Supersilent, Jagga Jazzist, Puma etc. indicates a much wider interest in exploring NEW territory than many Motorpsycho fans are open for. I was totally thrilled when Stian Westerhus entered stage with Motorpsycho and for me that was the surprising moment of the festival and made the rather short gig a unique "one of a kind"? concert. And yes in order to enjoy such a surprising momentum one has to listen and let go of all expectations. Stian provided such an intense rhythmic structure and electric sound carpet for Snah to jam on. You could see how much Snah enjoyed that freedom and surprisingly he gave much solo space to Stian who filled in with his unique electric-terrifying guitar style. Stian also contributed vocal parts during All is loneliness and the lead vocals for Hush. One could compare Stians part with Deathprods electronics and I hope they will continue to work and even record together.

Nothing to say was clearly the highlight of the concert with excellent jamming and a very hard guitar part in the middle of the song. I like many of the covers which MP played during their concert history, but Hush!????! Maybe a attempt to warm up the crowd after the heavy rain during the second part of the show. By the way, norwegian crowd! Please don`t give em any beer no more. Like so many times during MP shows in Norway the crowd was very talk active and in a beer drinking party mood, which is realy distrubing when one tries to listen; specially during the jaming parts.

No mountain but I think I heard the bass-line of it in the beginning of Nothing to say.

What else to report? Kenneth took place at the left side of the stage which clearly helped to create a very tight rhythm section with Bent. I would actualy like to see him play more in the centre again.

Primus was great and I enjoyed to see them again after such a long time. But the Festival Highlight clearly was Monolithic. Jesus fucking christ what an energy. Stian and Kenneth sounded like a five piece grind core band with an abnormal tight sound. It was a pleasure to see Kenneth drumming and singing (screaming) at the same time. Their sound is pretty unique and at no time I was afraid that a riff, drum sound or song line would have been better placed in a Motorpsycho context. I hope a recording of both shows will pop up!

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO — summer and fall 2011 #19728

Hej Hyena! I am also going from Stockholm. Maybe we can meet up and have a drink or two before the show.

Indeed very exciting and promising. I would assume that there will be a norwegian only tour in fall 2011. Whoever witnessed last years Molde apearence of this set up cannot be serious of wishing an Effenaar show. I would suggest a tour at opera houses with excellent sound, light and a sitting audiance. We will see, but folks please don`t touch the holy 40 years aniversary concert at the Effenaar. That shall be a true 3,5 hours Motorpsycho steamroller. In rock we trust! Kumar

in reply to: MOTORPSYCHO — summer and fall 2011 #19705

Great news!!! Effenaar in Eindhoven is just one of the best venues for Motorpsycho and a true homebase for the band. I will travel from Sweden and I am already excited about it!

in reply to: now it´s time to record #19688

Hej Elvin! Great to hear that Motorpsycho are planning to record the live energy from last years Molde gig together with Trondheim Jazz Orchestra. Is this information confirmed or are you assuming a recording date???

Anyway. I wrote a pretty long review, which should still be on the forum under the title: Molde 23rd july

Greetings Gyankumar

And on Kongsbergjazzfestival july the 8th! Motorpsycho will play the 9th!

in reply to: rw4 #19152

Well, maybe you are getting old! I havn`t heard any "noodeling" on any Motorpsyxho record or concert. The improvisation and droning parts are as intense and beautiful as always and after 15 years you should know that.

in reply to: rw4 #19074

Yeah! Arrival in Sweden as well. What a fantastic record! And to be honest after third time listening I cannot wait until the next roadworks. It is actualy not realy important which songs are on the record, most important is the fact that they managed(again!) to catch the live atmosphere of their work during the last years. You can hear them having fun and you get this little electric showers on your back because you just remember this amazing energy during their concerts. The only thing to say is THANK YOU! What a luxury to geth a bonus live record after last years releases and touring activities. More highlights to come: Motorpsycho plays Kongsberg Jazz Festival together with Primus. Thank you, I will go for a fourth round and round we go!

in reply to: This day in MOTORPSYCHO history #19204

Memories! The Bremen gig 2008 was indeed one of the tour highlights and worth travelling from Sweden. I remember sombody filming the whole concert from the PA stand with a semi-proessional camera. Does anybody has a copy??? Thanks Alex for the work you put into this forum.

in reply to: Spring tour 2011? #18555

Nice one! I realy believed that I`ll survive the 1st of april without being fooled. Well, anyway I liked the idea and since Anekdoten, Comus and Opeth did a similar concert tour between Sweden and Finnland two years ago, I bought it imediatly.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994