Great King Rat

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 234 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: January new album!!! #14869
    Great King Rat
    Participant

You don’t have to be a german citizen, you just need to register with a valid email address. There are several steps necessary and they ask you to download a mp3-download- program before actually buying the songs… It would be a little complicated to describe all the steps here, so, as I expect your english to be better than your german, I’d suggest to get it via the english page:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/

They’ve got it there, too.

in reply to: The Christmas present from heaven (A double DVD) #15623
      Great King Rat
      Participant

Thanks, Demon!

EDIT: Got it. :wink:

in reply to: The Christmas present from heaven (A double DVD) #15619
        Great King Rat
        Participant

…or me? (see my post above) Please!

in reply to: The Christmas present from heaven (A double DVD) #15610
          Great King Rat
          Participant

Hey nauts,

I guess I need some help here. I got my account at dime a couple of weeks ago and downloaded three magnificent mp shows – big thanks to the guys who provided them! The problem is, I’m quite an idiot when it comes to computers :oops:… Yet, since I now feel somewhat obliged to participate in this sharing thing, I’d like to do so but haven’t got a clue how to do it. I don’t own a huge amount of files worth sharing anyway but I’d like to offer those mp shows to whoever is interested (that is, be a seeder? Gosh, I’m so useless…) Or am I actually seeding already when I’m online? I’ve got no idea, please help!

in reply to: Tour Stats – Fall 2009 #14305
            Great King Rat
            Participant

I went to Bielefeld, Köln and Deventer and I thankfully saw 31 out of the total of 50! That’s a fantastic rate!

in reply to: The Great SETLISTS massacre! #15481
              Great King Rat
              Participant

Btw, 684 concerts (at least) in 20 years (or rather 19, as fillmore pointed out elsewhere), that’s an average of more than 34 concerts per year! Not too bad over such a long time…

in reply to: The Great SETLISTS massacre! #15480
                Great King Rat
                Participant

Indeed! That’s a remarkable piece of statistic! Did you actually count all the single instances of every song? Or did you use some kind of helpful software?

There are some things worth mentioning, I think. To me it seems quite surprising that they played certain songs very rarely, f.ex.:

Babylon – 10 times

Trapdoor – 15 times

In the family – 17 times

But most surprising to me:

Sonnyboy Gaybar – just once??

I remember that back in the late ’90s/early 2000s they played it once on request as the guy who posted the setlist pointed out… Was that really the only time? Wow!

in reply to: Deventer, Burgerweeshuis – 15.11.2009 #15233
                  Great King Rat
                  Participant

Just back from Burgerweeshuis which is a small but very nice venue. Also, it’s in the town centre of Deventer, sorrounded by shops, houses & flats which seemed rather strange to me. But apparently the place is really well isolated so you don’t hear much outside.

They started with another song before Cornucopia:

Who gave you love (no idea if it’s a cover or maybe one first heavy metal fruit…?)

The setlist I got from the PA-guy is a little bit different from what they actually played. It reads as follows:

Who gave you love

-see above-

LLM

The Alchemyst (part of the “Suite:…” in Thomas’ setlist? Can’t remember…)

No evil (not played)

Mr. Victim (not played)

YMB

MM

VS

All in all, a mind-blowing show! I guess the best I’ve seen this tour. The only thing that pissed me off was the incredibly chatty audience, at least in the back.

The guys were absolutely on fire, though, and didn’t even seem to be bothered by the talking. Wishing well and BTS were absolutely fantastic, and so were the encores. Bit of a shame they omitted Mr.Victim, would have loved to hear that one. But YMB and Manmower were bloody awesome! The guys had so much fun playing the blues, it was a pleasure just to watch them. VS was a killer, too! I’d thought I’d heard that one often enough (so I was really happy they played TGC earlier this tour), but man! That was one hell of a way to finish this concert! The second bang was the most massive and energetic outburst I’ve ever witnessed! It’s still in my ears…

Can’t wait for their return next spring now. And they’re gonna play Schlachthof/HB again, so get your tickets! :MPD:

in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12700
                    Great King Rat
                    Participant

I like a lot of stuff unrelated to MP. One of my favourite bands after MP is the Scottisch band Elbow! They’ve released four marvellous albums between 2001 and last year. Their oevre is full deep sadness, great beauty, the sweetest melodies, and a driving, sometimes rocking force! We still believe in love so fuck you! Grace under pressure (as they named one of their finest songs)! Alone Guy Garvey’s voice: powerful, meaningful, dominating and at the same time so incredibly soft and warm and sad. I’d mary his voice if I could! An Elbow-concert is absolutely fantastic, too! Go see them if you get the chance. Throw those curtains wide, one day like this a year would seem me right!

Another beloved band of mine is Modest Mouse which probably more people know. Especially their early stuff from the nineties is Killerindierock. I recommend “The lonesome crowded west” and “Building nothing out of something” if you don’t know them.

An older band I really like is Queen, btw. I’m not talking about their greatest hits or their later output in general, but about their first three albums. There are two songs on those which made it to the best-of-albums, the rest is hardly known! Unbelivable, imho. It’s fantastic progressive indierock, very diverse and playful, and full of glam rock anthems… Hum,.. I know, in the end it’ a matter of taste!

in reply to: Trezzo (Milano) 12-11-2009 #15120
                      Great King Rat
                      Participant

Doesn’t seem as if they’ve got video projections this tour. They definitely didn’t in Bielefeld and Köln.

in reply to: Trezzo (Milano) 12-11-2009 #15118
                        Great King Rat
                        Participant

Nice setlist again. Hum, Hey Jane… A great song but I’ve heard it so often at concerts that it actually wasn’t top of my wishlist. Yet, they’re still adding songs, and that keeps the tension for Deventer.

Still no Child of the future or Waiting game. I wonder if we gonna hear them this tour…?

in reply to: 11.11.2009 Bologna, “Estragon” (IT) #15151
                          Great King Rat
                          Participant

Fantastic setlist again! Great thing to start a show with Watersound, and there’s one song played for the first time this tour, Before the flood. Not one of my favourites at all, but it’s good to see they keep adding songs!

in reply to: Winterthur 10.11. #15108
                            Great King Rat
                            Participant

They seem to have a thing with those small and fragile songs this tour. I mean, most of the shows is just pure hard rock which is great, but every now and then they throw in on of these little pearls… Feel, Sungravy, now Wishing well… I wonder if they’ll every do BBDD again? That would be the icing on the cake, if you know what I mean…

in reply to: Winterthur 10.11. #15107
                              Great King Rat
                              Participant

Wishing well! Back to source! Fantastic! I’ll definitely be in Deventer now!

in reply to: Cologne 06.11. #14054
                                Great King Rat
                                Participant

Just what I think, Be! And it seems like Red Mosquito would have loved it as well, it’s such a great place for concerts! Next time back to the Schlachthof, MP! Please!

There were some MP posters in the Gedäude announcing a show in May 2010 in the Gloria! Anybody know that club? Is it any good?

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 234 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994