Great King Rat

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 234 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Live songs from 1990 to present #31627
    Great King Rat
    Participant

After having spent two hours or so on this forum tonight (again), a Shakespeare quote just crossed my mind: I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it!

Comment by my wife (a non-believer): "You not only could waste your time, you DO waste your time there!" Oh, well… she isn't perfect but I love her very much.

Also: it's not a waste! :MPD:

in reply to: Live songs from 1990 to present #31626
      Great King Rat
      Participant

Alhough the thread was opened only a year ago, I had already forgotten about it. Thanks for refrehing it!

There are so many things worth commenting… Amazing how many unique performances there are! Among the things that strike me is the fact that they played "Giftland" only in four years! Since it's quite old and a massive build-up piece that fits their live-style, I would have expected it to have appeared more often. All the more lucky I count myself to have witnessed it in 2002. They opened(!) the Hamburg show with it back then.

Weird that Dr. Hoffmann’s Bicycle was only played in 97 and 98 but not after the release on Barracuda in 99. And isn't the song actually much older?

I wish I'd seen them covering Queen's Sheer heart attack… It says in the list "played in 2006" – does that mean they actually played it more than once?

in reply to: 30 years live stats #36393
        Great King Rat
        Participant

@otherdemon: Thanks!

in reply to: 30 years live stats #36387
          Great King Rat
          Participant

Great effort, BronYAur! That's the nerdy stuff we love around here.

I hardly remember that dry spell from 2003 to 2005 with only 12 shows, especially 2005 ("Year 0") must have been a terrible year for many here. And only 9 shows in 2007 after they had been "back to normal" in 2006? What was wrong there?

I would have thought they've played Bremen more often than just 13 times. At least, all but one of those shows were in magic Schlachthof (I reckon I saw half of those), does anyone remember where in Bremen they played that one other show?

in reply to: 2019-10-17 DE Berlin, Festsaal Kreuzberg #36299
            Great King Rat
            Participant
              Quote:
              Spin >

Hogwash >

Halleluwah >

Spin >

Hogwash

8O Is this correct?

in reply to: 2019-05-24 Schlachthof, Wiesbaden (DE) #35632
              Great King Rat
              Participant

Thanks, fillmore, for the detailed and absorbing report! It seems indeed to have been a lot different from at least Hamburg, which I saw.

in reply to: 2019-05-23 Hannover, Faust #35584
                Great King Rat
                Participant

Greener and H-Mac! Awesome!

in reply to: 2019-05-22 Leuven,Het Depot #35606
                  Great King Rat
                  Participant

Blueberry Daydream!

in reply to: Spring 2019 tour – songs played #35250
                    Great King Rat
                    Participant

Thx, Punj!

in reply to: 2019.05.17 – 229 The Venue 2, London #35512
                      Great King Rat
                      Participant

I have to say, though, when I look at the two, I'm quite happy with the selection we got in Hamburg. But I would have loved to hear Year Zero and Alchemyst.

in reply to: 2019.05.17 – 229 The Venue 2, London #35511
                        Great King Rat
                        Participant

Wow, 8 different songs compared to Hamburg! Although we're used to changing setlists, this is quite remarkable. More than half of the setlist replaced, you don't get that very often, not even with MP. Plus the ones played in the record store the day after, that makes quite a range of songs in three shows. Is anyone gonna update the songs played-list?

in reply to: 16.5.2019 Markthalle Hamburg #35481
                          Great King Rat
                          Participant

@Tomcat: Could have been "Kaiser", it definetly was an "ai"/"ei" sound.

in reply to: 16.5.2019 Markthalle Hamburg #35478
                            Great King Rat
                            Participant

@supernaut: No idea, I only saw a couple of minutes.

@Netsrak
                              : Not really sure. It sounded vaguely like "(something) hein(t)z" but I have no clue what he actually sang.

@fillmore
                              : Not as far as I remember. They seemed to take a minute of rest or so before doing Psychtzar, but stayed on stage.

in reply to: 16.5.2019 Markthalle Hamburg #35472
                              Great King Rat
                              Participant

Correct.

in reply to: 16.5.2019 Markthalle Hamburg #35469
                                Great King Rat
                                Participant

I guess it is. I'm not entirely sure cause I didn't get one. They called it tour box, 10"-size, slver packaging.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 234 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994