JERO

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 216 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: 25.10.2023 Zürich CH – Rote Fabrik #42192
    JERO
    Participant

no, wait…..I dreamt I went to see them live with TWO drummers :wacko:

in reply to: 25.10.2023 Zürich CH – Rote Fabrik #42189
      JERO
      Participant

another possibility: their REAL new drummer was introduced this tour within Chariot Of The Sun, he/she’s all digital, and can be activated via mellotron and probably EVEN MORE pedals. In the future Bent will play it’s bassdrum and snare, while Snah, amidst playing guitar and keyboard at the same time will provide cymbals and toms, lol

in reply to: 19.10.23 CH, Biel – La Coupole #42115
        JERO
        Participant

great setlist! Looks like Ingvald is really going through the drill course, lol. Respect for him picking all this up so fast and hoping he’ll stay for a while too :mp:

in reply to: Toursingle ’23 Rockbottom #42076
          JERO
          Participant

Yeah (Yay!) I bought it at Hedon as well, and it’s a total hardrocking delight, the aa-side as well (Silver Dollar Forger). It sort a sounds like meant for radio (? ! ?) with a lot of treble and not too much hifi in the soundprod. If you decide to wash the dishes to it, prepare to do it twice as fast and to astound your neighbours when they walk by your window, lol. it’s a single played at 33 rpm and white-coloured vinyl. Then, if you decide to play more MP singles you own, once again be amazed at their versatility! this, and Ulf Ulf and that horrible christmas thingy sung by Morten (wish I had bought the california thing as well but you can’t have everything. or don’t need to, haha) :mp:

in reply to: Live covers #42046
            JERO
            Participant

Motorpsycho have stated that they regard rockmusic as an artform. Throughout the years within their own works you could trace what kind of music they were interested in, be it 70’s rock, freejazz, modern-classical composers like Bartok and Stravinsky, too many to name. For me as a fan, part of the adventure is them giving me hints of great moments in rock-history to seek out, and this often happens through them playing cover-songs. I like to think of them as a tribute, as well as revealing the many sources that make them what they have become, the supercreative and versatile rocktopuss of today (and always have been). And also, I admire them for always being humble enough to take a hats-off to the greats of the past

in reply to: 14.10.2023 – NL, Zwolle, Hedon #42038
              JERO
              Participant

absolutely agree with Tomcat above. There are songs sometimes you don’t care for too much on the record, which totally overturn you when performed live, this happened for me with ‘Lady May’. And, there are songs so close to your heart and soul that are suddenly there right in front of you, performed brilliantly and perfectly and you feel deep within that this is a great moment in your life, this happened to me with ‘On My Pillow’. And there are fueled and decibel-laden rockers that make you wish they’d never stop, like during Cosmoctopuss & Indide Looking Out. So….still in the afterglow, I will now find out if the Rockbottom single is any good to wash the dishes to, lol

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by JERO.
                in reply to: 13.10.2023 NL Utrecht – Tivoli Vredenburg #42021
                JERO
                Participant

yes, patterns, beautifully sung by Snah. Hans Magnus was in great form anyway, tonight. After all the years, still the creativity in this band (all 3 of them), amazing joy to witness. My wife (not a rockchick, mind you) withstood the decibels and said with a big smile on her face: Ï wasn’t bored for one second!” The heavy skrunkpunkfunk of Superstooge, wow!Chariot of the sun mesmerizing, Year Zero again starring Snah singing it in a much more loose and jazzy way, many many highlights. I saw somebody filming the concert (our man from Belgium???) Life is good, with Hedon tomorrow, and I’m pretty sure the Bro & me will be standing on the left side, in front :stg: . Oh, and don’t worry about the new drummmer (“son of Gebhart”!), lol

in reply to: 22.09.2023 – NO, Tromsø – Driv #41751
                  JERO
                  Participant

Lovely, great footage and sound. A big thank you to who filmed this. I like the drumming, it’s very precise and economic. Also dig the solo-ing of Reine. And this setlist warmed my heart on a cold and rainy day
                    :stg:

in reply to: 16.09.2023 – NO, Bergen – Røkeriet USF #41739
                    JERO
                    Participant

I don’t mind them doing a partly acoustical “””simpler songs”””-set, being it an adaption to the current drummer or not, I remember last time (at Paradiso-noord Amsterdam) all the high-energy and intense stuff, including N.O.X. was a bit much in the end, although great to have experienced. And for the upcoming gig in Utrecht, my wife (not a heavy rock chick, mind you) will join me, a first for her. I was much surprised she suggested to go together, probably the benign effect of having the Yay cd on during all car-rides since june, haha! So I guess ths tour MP is very family-friendly! Bring your wife and kids !Looking forward to Utrecht & Zwolle !

in reply to: Going to Trondheim — what to see? ISO MP-related places #41738
                      JERO
                      Participant

Enjoy your stay, oh, and go to church! (the really really big one!) :=))

in reply to: New Motorpsycho Album 16.06.23 #41236
                        JERO
                        Participant

hello…ja hij doet het, I’m back, almost through with the grieving proces of missing Tomas in the most exciting band of our time, but well….I think I’m gonna buy me some concert tickets for Utrecht and maybe even their acoustic album as well, and it’s nice to be back in the MPcamp and see all you guys are still here! :-)

in reply to: pstereo live – wft!? #40425
                          JERO
                          Participant

Thank you Thor, for sharing your pics, well captured moments of intensity and fun, as always!

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40245
                            JERO
                            Participant

The Flower Of Awareness, for me, totally fits as a moodmaker on this great album. As a musicform of the more abstract kind, within the universe of these supersonic scientists it has been there from the beginning, and rightly so, i.m.o. When it comes up when I play the album, I turn the speakers way up to 11, so the fantastic gong overtones can ring my ears and shake the earth. As fans we've probably all watched the youtube of Tomas giving a performance on cymbals exclusively. It takes open ears and an open mind to appreciate such music (music? yes, because it IS organised sound)

together with AA I had ordered Behind The Sun (2lp), and the 'black'side 1 with the 2 'ambient' pieces with their recordgrooves intertwined so everytime it's a surprise which one of the 2 will be played, a similar sound-art thing which on that album works great in contrasting those poptunes like Cloudwalker etc.

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40165
                              JERO
                              Participant

Got the album today, stopped everything I was doing, sat down on couch with a beer, put it on, admired the sleeve&innersleeve and read: Accende Lumes Sensibus, = kindle the light of the senses. Exactly what happened to all extremes, the next 40 minutes or so I sat laughing, shouting out, crying. Why was I wiping tears from my face? (my wife wasn't allarmed, she's seen this before on the occasion of a new MP) It's because they are so amazingly damn good, but what shook me the most is the echoes of MP's past gems, f.i. in Mona Lisa/Azrael there's a mellotronic melancholic melody that tears into my soul, like Manmower used to do (and will always do). And than the crazy high level musicianship which now totally tops King Crimson or Floyd or any of them…Is there a better band in this world?…

in reply to: Your band #15476
                                JERO
                                Participant

My band follows the Theory of Obscurity, very strictly. Sorry…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 216 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994