Be

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 214 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Still live with eggplant #23813
    Be
    Participant

plattentests.de also has a (german) review – I am afraid that this will be the next MP record, I don't like. :-(

Be
      Participant

@BronYAur: I agree with you on the "over the top" drumming. Watching Kenneth drum is sometimes to much like a circus show. It's hard to believe, he can do these things, but in many – especially – older songs I would really prefer a more steady basic, but heavy drumbeat. I don't reacall exactly which song it was, but at a gig in Hamburg a couple of years ago during, maybe, Kill Some Day, I thought "He is playing about 3 times as many things than there are in the original."

I missed Geb quite a bit during these songs…

Be
        Participant

I also really hope that the Unicorn is buried in the deepest vaults of the ocean. I still hate it beyond belief and in almost 20 years of being a MP fan the Unicorn gig was the first MP gig ever, that I left before it finished.

So hoping for a concert with "songs" and not just "sounds". Still not sure, if I'll buy a ticket for Hamburg. I'd rather wait for the first setlists and the album, but then the venue might be sold out. Hmmm, difficult…

in reply to: is there any more music out there? #12861
          Be
          Participant

Stun (from Bremen). Brilliant new indie-rock cd "Ok Hunter"

http://www.tape.tv/musikvideos/Stun/Paris-Vegas

http://soundcloud.com/stun/sets/stun_ok_hunter/

(Check out "Hail will drum" and "Summer")

in reply to: 18.04.12 – Schlachthof, BREMEN #22279
            Be
            Participant

Yeah! And they lost to make things even worse! But usually I consider Xavi, Iniesta and Messi as the ultimate power trio, creating pieces of beautiful art! Just like MP can, if they want! ;-)

in reply to: 18.04.12 – Schlachthof, BREMEN #22277
              Be
              Participant

I am glad you could laugh, Alex. Unfortunately, I was dead serious! For me the evening was a waste of time! I will go see them again, when I can expect something like a regular song structure…

in reply to: 18.04.12 – Schlachthof, BREMEN #22271
                Be
                Participant

Hmm…

I am sorry to say that the gig was huge disappointment for me!

First of all: I arrived at the Schlachthof at about 5 minutes past 8 and the guys already played! When did concerts begin to start on time??

To all the people that wrote: "Go and see the Unicorn live, even if you don't like it on record!", I say, the thing is as boring and needless live as on CD. There were a couple of moments when I thought "Well, that band sometimes sounds like Motorpsycho!", but for the rest of the evening I was bored to death! I have seen maybe 30 MP gigs since 1995 and loads of them were majestic and moved me deeply, but this is as worse as some of cheesy-jazzy gigs around 2000.

And the encores? Arnie H? Another noodeling feast without a proper melody? And then a Deep Purple cover? I left while they still played Burn. Now I see, I missed Hogwash! If that was another deconstructed Hallewujah (or whatever) version, I don't care!

For me the evening was a waste of time an money and I wish I'd sold my ticket and watched Barcelona play instead!

in reply to: Live at Bizzare, more liveclips? #22068
                  Be
                  Participant

In my opinion that was one of the worst gigs, MP ever played! I know that german TV broadcasted the whole set, so recordings should exist.

in reply to: This day in MOTORPSYCHO history #19234
                    Be
                    Participant

I was at the Hamburg gig, too, but I didn't think too much of it at that time. Reading the setlist now, I know why… Not my favourite collection of songs, although the Giftland beginning set a high mark.

in reply to: Lost #22005
                      Be
                      Participant

I tried to listen to the album quite a lot of times, but every time it gives me a bad mood, because I really hate it! I bought a ticket for Bremen, but I really consider not going. I don't want to ruin my MP memory ;-)

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21734
                        Be
                        Participant

Last post mentions Sonic Youth. I always had them in mind when thinking about a band that has a very distinctive sound and makes one beautiful record after the other without changing the style completely, like MP does. So there could be an evolution from Timmy without these wide gaps.

Another band that comes to mind is Radiohead. Ever developing and changing their style quite a lot, but still keeping that special something (although I have to admit that only some tracks on The King of Limbs are really getting close to me. But 'Codex'… what a song!). They are an absolute fantastic live band as well. I was at the Hurricane Festival 4 years ago and saw a lot of very good bands for 3 days, but when Radiohead closed the festival I had the impression I had seen only amateurs the whole time!

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21723
                          Be
                          Participant

I am just complaining, because I don't like the direction they are taking AT ALL! But surely I will be at the gig, which might be about the 20th to 30th I am attending.

in reply to: Black hole – no canvas #21720
                            Be
                            Participant

@supernaut: "Year Zero wipes the floor with Vortex Surfer" – I consider this blasphemy and am quite ready to put on my explosive belt to blow the unfaithfulls to hell!

On the topic's issue: I am lost for words how much I don't like this new album and for the first time in about 17 years I am considering NOT going to their gig in my hometown.

in reply to: THE DEATH DEFYING UNICORN #21155
                              Be
                              Participant

I don't think that I will like that record, but we'll see…

in reply to: Trondheim 16.12.11 #20798
                                Be
                                Participant

Glad, I am not alone on this! :-)

Just listened to Reutlingen 1998 recording! Those were the days! LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 214 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994