The Other Anders

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 281 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Aalborg (DK) , Studenterhuset — 10.06.2010 #17594
    The Other Anders
    Participant

And there is one person on LastFM who says he attended the gig:

http://www.last.fm/event/1540779+Motorpsycho+at+Studenterhuset+on+10+June+2010

Maybe you can write him and ask, Alex? I’d do it, but I have to create a LastFM account first.

in reply to: Aalborg (DK) , Studenterhuset — 10.06.2010 #17593
      The Other Anders
      Participant

Sorry, no setlist, but at least a little article about the gig including some nice pictures:

Motorpsycho plays live in Aalborg

in reply to: Leizpig, Conne Island 07-06-2010 #17528
        The Other Anders
        Participant

Not that it justifies anything, but someone who spoils The Golden Core the way this guy did, is not a fan. I refuse to be put in the same category as him.

I understand, GBD, that this incident has chocked you and others in here, but can you lay your weapons of namecalling, swearing and exclamation marks to the ground now, and stop making this a crusade?

in reply to: Leizpig, Conne Island 07-06-2010 #17526
          The Other Anders
          Participant

First of all: The jamming and solos in this concert was not noodling, it was rythmic, spontanious, spaced out, and experimental. I have never heard or seen the band experiment so much with their instruments, equipment and sound as in Leipzig June 7th 2010.

Second: There is by now way too much namecalling and swearing, and too many raised fingers in the discussion, and even by people who were not there. Behave yourself, or you will be no better than the man you condemn.

Third: How come being drunk has become an excuse for anything from drinking and driving and killing people to ruining concerts? Why is it that we have to accept that some people drink their brains out and spoil the fun/the quiet moments/the magic for everyone else? Some people used to call me the concert nazi because I asked people to be quiet around me and respect the music, the band and the man standing next to you, who might have travelled half the world and spent his last dime, just to see the show.

I have more or less stopped to tell people to shut up these days, except one incident in Heidelberg, a typical Saturday audience, a guy and a girl in the fifth row talking loudly, bending towards eachother obstructing my view AND sound by screaming into eachothers ears about anything BUT the music. They did this the whole concert. Why did they even bother to show up?

But they were obviously drunk and happy, so I am not allowed to complain. I am the concert nazi.

I notice that people tend to talk more at MP shows today than before. Although most audiences in general were wellbehaved and attentive this tour, we always had to tolerate a certain amount of talking, shouting, misplaced whistling and egotrip yealling a la “smart comment shouted out loud so that everyone can hear how cool I am, and maybe that sexy lady behind me will walk me home and fuck my brains out. Oh, look at her breasts. I think I’ll just add a “UUUUAAAHHAHAHAAAUI” to seal the deal, right here in the most quiet part of Gullible, so that she can hear me, and everyone else too – that is the hole point, don’t you get it? – and it might be my last chance.

Will I spoil the moment for everyone else? I haven’t even concidered it. I am drunk, horny and happy, so I am allowed to be selfish, egocentric and asocial”.

Fourth: Leipzig to me was the best show since Halden 1999. I have told a friend who could not see any shows this tour about my experiences, and I’ll leave it with his comment, as I could not have said it better myself:

“Sounds totally amazing.. It is very very rare that a band that has been around for

20 years, starts to make the coolest music they have ever done. The band is clearly

finding their SPACE now.. Awesome..”

in reply to: Leizpig, Conne Island 07-06-2010 #17484
            The Other Anders
            Participant

I have got nothing to add, Alex. You nailed it. This is exactly how it was. Thank you.

in reply to: Heidelberg, Halle 02 – 29.05.2010 #17263
              The Other Anders
              Participant

Wbat wasn’t played.

in reply to: Bare en tanke. #17337
                The Other Anders
                Participant

Bob Dylan

in reply to: Motorpsycho @ Storsjöyran Festival (SWE)?! #17292
                  The Other Anders
                  Participant

They seem to be confirmed on the festival page:

http://storsjoyran.se/

A city up north in Sweden, not so far from Trondheim.

in reply to: Heidelberg, Halle 02 – 29.05.2010 #17238
                    The Other Anders
                    Participant

Wbat was on the setlist between Manmower and Diana, but I cannot remember they played it, and I had no wbat in my notes after the concert, so I have left it out of the setlist here, but someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Mountain clocked in at 15 mins this time…

As Akane has already discovered, they played a Rainbow song in rememberence of the late Dio. They ripped through all eight glorious minutes of this fantastic epic, leaving no detail out. A big, probably once in a lifetime, moment – to have Motorpsycho play a song off Rainbow Rising! Needless to say, Kenneth nailed the powerfull drums of this track. Can’t help but to think/notice how Cozy Powel must be one of Kenneth’s heros/influences.

I am really sad and sorry to leave the tour for now. With the rock show they played last night in mind, I am sure Brussels will be as psychodlic and spaced out as it always seems to be. It fits in perfectly: Rock show the night before, sixth show in a row before a day off, the AB being a great venue, the respectful and consentrated Brussels audience: I can’t but imagine that the Motors will kick back and space out.

It is going to be more exciting than ever to follow the development of setlists. We know they have got 101 rehearsed songs plus a handful of covers, and we know now that they break out a couple of new ones every single night. I am also excited to learn how Duna Jam will inspire and influence the last shows of the tour.

So see some of you in Leipzig!

in reply to: GRONINGEN @ Vera — 27.05.2010 #17186
                      The Other Anders
                      Participant

Hehe, Rune: I was keeping an eye on you, because I realised that you would have to run before the end of Gullibles. You looked really stressed when you had Ken grab your recorder for you, as did he. Haha!

But no need to despair, we already have complete versions from other shows of that song.

Vera was the best concert for me so far, mostly because of the most intense The Rounder We GO The Faster We Get part in Un Chien, but also because of the monumental Mountain this night, probably the first time out of the three I have heard where they nailed it, and salso Starhammer was a highlight, I’d be tempted to rename this version Spacehammer, as they took it all down before building it up again.

in reply to: GRONINGEN @ Vera — 27.05.2010 #17181
                        The Other Anders
                        Participant

Sorry, my fault: That was not Sunship, but The Alchemyst. Full setlist:

W.B.A.T

->Mountain (13 mins)

->Giftland (12)

The Visitant

Bomb-Proof Arnie H.

->The Alchemyst

Un Chien d´Espace (27)

->Timothy’s Monster

Whole Lotta Diana

->Starhammer

->Greener

Like Always

->A Shrug & A Fistful

->X-3

->Come On In

Gullible’s Travails (21)

(2h 40 mins)

in reply to: Berlin 25.05.10 #17112
                          The Other Anders
                          Participant

Yes it was a moog&keyboard chien. Just when you think you have heard it all, you have not. Mountain was jammed over into Starhammer, which was beyond aweseome, and it sounded like the most natural thing in the world. Gullible was the new Sunship, only even more intense. Gotta go to Bremen, now, more comments later.

in reply to: Driv, Tromsø 29.04.2010 #16878
                            The Other Anders
                            Participant

I do not understand how it is possible to cram this awesome setlist into 1h 35min.

Hm. Pirat Bay is not accessible from Denmark….

in reply to: Motorpsycho and Supersilent tour #12137
                              The Other Anders
                              Participant

Interresting development in the tour. The 10 minutes from Tønsberg does not make me sad I opted out, while the tentative setlist from Trondheim sounds like something I would have like a lot more. In Fredrikstad Snah payed a guitar solo, and in Trondheim they played several parts from MHF, both things that I missed in Drammen.

@ supernaut: Don’t you think there is a huge possibility that a recording from this tour will be released by Rune Grammonfon? I’d rather see it happen outside the Roadwork series. The only right thing for the Roadwork series now would be a complete, unedited 100% MP show from the Kenneth-lineup. Preferable from the HMF-tour!

@ Red Mosquito: Have you decided to go to Oslo to see Motorsilent?

in reply to: Bootleg Artwork #15312
                                The Other Anders
                                Participant

Oh, and another remark: You are not listening to a bootleg, unless you have a(nother) recording (than mine) which was not cleared with the band, and/or you bought it for money. My recording was cleared with the band, and it can never be a bootleg as long as it is shared, and not sold.

Glad to see you enjoy it!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 281 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994