TAF

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 234 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Heidelberg, Halle 02 – 29.05.2010 #17252
    TAF
    Participant

#€%&!!

…of course I did. :)

in reply to: Heidelberg, Halle 02 – 29.05.2010 #17249
      TAF
      Participant

Two different sources from Heidelberg are available on Dime now:

Rec 1+2 matrix: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=305850

Rec 3: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=306437

All reports say the 1+2 matrix sounds better. While it is definitely a little bit clearer sounding, I really like the bassier sound from rec 3 when I listen in headphones – it just sounds a lot more massive.

in reply to: Bremen, 26.05.2010 #17155
        TAF
        Participant

Same here re: The Visitant. I’ve only heard it live as I don’t have a turntable, but it does feel unfinished and lackluster somehow. Or maybe just too simple – generic verse chorus verse chorus solo verse chorus type thing.

I prefer Eagle’s Son, as it’s more melodic and way groovier. I.C.U I’ve only heard on the video that was posted, but it sounds to me like it’s the better of these three new songs.

Speaking of Eagle’s Son, btw… is it just me or does something happen to Snah’s guitar during this song on the recording? It’s jarringly out of tune during the solo!

in reply to: Bremen, 26.05.2010 #17147
          TAF
          Participant

Incredibly messy singing on Starhammer! :D Sounds like all three are joining in, has Kenneth gone all Phil Collins lately?

in reply to: Bremen, 26.05.2010 #17130
            TAF
            Participant

Considering how insanely demanding the drum part is on the studio version I’m not surprised they haven’t played it a lot – and I’m equally unsurprised that they’re doing it with Kenneth. Amen about the recording. :)

in reply to: Berlin 25.05.10 #17107
              TAF
              Participant

Aww, Shrug & Fistful AND Trapdoor… someone’s rehearsin’. :P

Here’s hoping that Mountain will be a steady feature on this tour. I love how some of the old gems have been ‘born again’ with Kenneth on sticks, he injects a lot of groove and drive into the sound. I guess having to work their way through their back catalog with a new drummer has dredged up some forgotten gems for them. :)

in reply to: Driv, Tromsø 29.04.2010 #16886
                TAF
                Participant

I second that! The recording contains the only “Eagle’s Son” so far, and could prove a historic gem. :P

in reply to: Paradiso – 22/5/10 #16969
                  TAF
                  Participant

Great setlist! Hope someone recorded this so we’ll be able to hear some of the new songs in all their live glory. :)

Could “Arne H” actually be “Arve H”, after Arve Henriksen from Supersilent?

in reply to: It’s possible to find 1991 live bootlegs?! #11485
                    TAF
                    Participant

Ah, of course. I forgot about those even though they’re on my hard drive. :P

Since Maiden Voyage features a live track we know that at least one 1990 show (UFFA 29 april) was recorded, but I guess it resides safely in the MP vaults. One can only wonder how much stuff they may have laying around just waiting for the 50th anniversary deluxe box set. :P

in reply to: It’s possible to find 1991 live bootlegs?! #11483
                      TAF
                      Participant

Seeing as the 1991-12-11 Copenhagen gig was recently available @ Dime (though it seems to have gone missing since), I guess it’s better to pull out this thread again rather than starting a new one on a similar topic.

So: Does anyone have, or know about the existence of, any other early (1990-92) MP recordings? So far the only ones I’m aware of are these:

– Lobotomizer demos (1990)

– 1991-10-24 Hulen, Bergen (mentioned above)

– 1991-12-11 Copenhagen

– 1992-02-28 Trudvang, Stjørdal

(For the record, the latter two both feature performances of Strange Days.)

And finally, does anyone have the abovementioned Hulen 1991 recording available? I’d love to get my hands on that one.

in reply to: Driv, Tromsø 29.04.2010 #16884
                        TAF
                        Participant

Haha, “It was twenty years ago today…” would have been a treat. :P

in reply to: Norway Rock mag #16744
                          TAF
                          Participant

Great read!

This bit was really interesting (translated quick & dirty for the Norwegian impaired):

“We sent fifteen demos and asked him [producer KÃ¥re Vestrheim] to pick out the ones he felt lent themselves to further work. We then put down ten backing tracks, whereof eight were completed.”

Two completed outtakes, and backing tracks and demos for seven more songs? Good to know they won’t be scraping the bottom of the barrel anytime soon. :P

in reply to: Bootleg Artwork #15323
                            TAF
                            Participant

Torrents are the most common way to share recordings nowadays anyway, so that’s where you’ll find them. Happily, torrenting has killed off most of the bootlegging companies too, so you’re unlikely to find a lot of “rare import” MP cd’s in record stores anywhere.

There are plenty of shows up on dime right now – someone recently uploaded a host of old shows going back to 1990 – and I’m sure you can find other similar sites with MP content.

in reply to: Cover/Rarities Compilation: “Psycholive” #16802
                              TAF
                              Participant

I’ve been looking (Dime, Traders Den &c) for the early version of Phoot’s Phlower for a while… any of you know where I might get my palms on any recording(s) of that one? Any chance of a reupload to Dime or somesuch?

in reply to: Suggestions wanted for ‘Best of’ triple cd #16781
                                TAF
                                Participant

I do believe Dark Side of the Moon was voted “best album to make love to” at some point, so the music/sex connection is nothing new. :P

Interesting topic!

I toyed with the idea of making a “highlights reel” cd or two of MP-stuff myself a couple of years ago, and managed to whittle it down to two rock-solid discs: The first as a pure best of-pop/rock oriented hitfest, and disc two with wild trippy, out-there stuff. :P I compiled both of them before LLM, so nothing from the last three:

The ‘pop’ disc: Nothing to Say, Kill Some Day, Babylon (Tussler), Nerve Tattoo, Walking on the Water, Starmelt/Lovelight, In the Family, Hey Jane, Ozone, High Time, For Free, Neverland, Serpentine, Composite Head, No Evil, Hyena, Sail On.

The ‘space’ disc: The Wheel, Plan #1, STG, Heartattack Mac, Un Chien D’Espace, Timothy’s Monster, The Golden Core. Surprisingly, there’s actually room for more on this one – a number like Bomb-Proof would fit snugly in between Chien and Timothy, but there you go. :P

Needless to say, a lot of strong material didn’t make the cut for one reason or another – and choosing between songs was like pulling teeth. :P

@ Crackpot: Don’t forget to keep us posted when she receives it, ok? :D

(EDIT: Damn, smiley overload there!)

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 234 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994