Martn

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Martn
    Participant

I got on Dime this week, downloaded three of the latest shows and left the client running for several hours each day since (except today … just forgot). However not one byte has been uploaded so far and I have no idea what I can do. Or rather I get the idea that there’s nothing I can do.

Thanks to the tapers anyway!

in reply to: Lobotomizer, Mountain EP and Another Ugly EP on vinyl #42272
      Martn
      Participant

Any idea where to get those in Germany?

in reply to: 29.11.2023 DE Berlin – SO36 #42220
        Martn
        Participant

Did they touch Kanaan’s great version of The Wheel?

in reply to: 28.10.2023 DE Dresden – Beatpol #42209
          Martn
          Participant

Yeah, yesterday was something else. I’m still trying to grasp it. Three weeks ago I was amazed by the dynamic range that came with Ingvald. However compared to yesterday that was only a glimpse. They have expanded on it and seems even more organic now.

My highlight was the Bomb Proof Fusion Jam from outer space. I saw the video of Lacuna/Sunrise in Kortrijk and was hoping for something like that. That incarnation of Arne H. was the next best thing. We need more jazz from Snah! Also Starhamster followed by Plan #1!

Sound was great as well. Only a few moments where it was almost too much, but still on the right side. I was anxious about that after the disappointment of last year (all mud). The vocal performance was probably one of the best I’ve witnessed. Great audience as well.

Yesterday right after the show I said that it was probably the best I’ve seen them since Death Defying Unicorn in Leipzig (How many years ago was that? I’m getting old). After a good night’s sleep and a look at the setlists I can’t say if I prefer Copenhagen. It’s confusing. Too many parameters. Being home and attending the show with friends and a lot of familiar faces makes for a completely different experience than being on holiday in a foreign country having to fetch a train in the night. Not better or worse, but different. I wouldn’t want to miss either. What I can say summing up the three shows is that I love this new incarnation of MP. The last years were great but this is just stellar.

in reply to: 28.10.2023 DE Dresden – Beatpol #42203
            Martn
            Participant

What? That sucks. I hoped they would spread the release a bit so that there would be some copies available at each show. Well, maybe they’ll show up on discogs for like 300 Euros …
              Anyway, I’m still excited for the show tonight. I won’t say which songs I’m hoping for. Don’t want to jinx it. :D

in reply to: 07.10.2023 – DK, Copenhagen – Hotel Cecil #42198
              Martn
              Participant

This seems long gone but as I am still dwelling in fond memories I thought I’d share this little detail that kind of added to that night. Right at the beginning of the show during Real Again the on-stage tech went to get or do something and accidentally kicked over some boxes or whatever. Bent had to look over right as he was singing the line »It didn’t take much to stumble at all« and couldn’t contain the chuckle. »Not much at all.« Just a happy little accident to quote Bob Ross.

in reply to: 07.10.2023 – DK, Copenhagen – Hotel Cecil #41931
                Martn
                Participant

Überpilgrim with one guitar only. It’s not quite the same but still great. On the other hand they had Ingvald joining the vocal harmonies of Dank State. That was a nice little surprise.

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41917
                  Martn
                  Participant

Wow that was something (in Copenhagen). We got Überpilgrim, Starhammer, Whole Lotta Diana Gullible’s Travails and Alchemyst in one show. Oh and Mad Sun. And what not. My kind of Setlist. Great sound. 2:30 h. Maybe even more intimate than yesterday since Hotel Cecil doesn’t have a barrier in front of the stage. Ingvald is the man.
                    I have to let that sink in.

/Edit: fixed some confusion. Still not good with song names …

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Martn.
                    in reply to: 06.10.2023 – SE, Malmö – Plan B #41908
                    Martn
                    Participant

Yes it’s me. Not going to Hamburg though. That would be too complicated in one day by train and bike. We’ll see each other back home by the end of the month. Enjoy Hamburg and the rest of the dates!

in reply to: 06.10.2023 – SE, Malmö – Plan B #41905
                      Martn
                      Participant

I have to agree about Ingvald. I might be a bit biased because he’s such s nice bloke. Talked to him a few weeks ago when Kanaan played in Dresden. But he just offers the right kind of dynamics for Motorpsycho. And I’m pretty sure he has loads to offer creatively for a new chapter. Exciting times!

Also I agree on the sound and the singing, both pretty good.

See you tonight. I will be looking out for a familiar face.

Also: BENTISLOUDINGVALDISWILDBUTONLYSNAHISGOD
                        :stg:

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41896
                        Martn
                        Participant

Kind of a relaxed show tonight but great nonetheless. I was surprised how small Plan B is and how few people came. Nice atmosphere though.

Also, they are a true power trio now. Ingvald played the Mellotron every now and then and overall proved to be a great fit. During asfe he kind of faded out the drums in the chorus and Bent looked over. I couldn’t tell if he was surprised or if they just communicated when he would join again seconds later with a nice fill. It added great dynamics if you ask me.
                          No more Reine, no Überpilgrim. However we got the Alchemyst which made me very happy. Nothing to Say was a nice surprise as well (both tour first’s?). Oh and Cosmoctopus.

The list as on paper:
                          Real Again
                          Babylon
                          Cold * Bored
                          Sunchild
                          Feel

Chariot
                          Sentinels
                          Magic & Wonder
                          On a Plate
                          Cosmoctopus
                          Patterns
                          Nothing to Say
                          Lacuna/Sunrise
                          Serpentine
                          Alchemist

ASFE
                          Rock Bottom
                          Whole Lotta Diana

in reply to: Motorpsycho live 2023 #41876
                          Martn
                          Participant

Oh man this is exciting. I was just checking the way from Plan B to the hostel (never been to Malmö before and the hostel reception was still closed) and the Nightliner is already there. Can’t wait!

in reply to: Bizarre Festival 2002 #41159
                            Martn
                            Participant

Wow. Tristano after 50 minutes of nice indiepsycho and the casual transition into some Black to Comm fusion freakout just blew my mind. Thanks for finding and posting this gem! Why is this not Roadworks?

in reply to: Ancient Astronauts #40126
                              Martn
                              Participant

Loving the title and the artwork!

in reply to: 22-05-23 Beatpol Dresden #39963
                                Martn
                                Participant

So how do we convince them to invent the ÜberWheel?

@dongonz I meant myself headbanging, hehe. But I guess your mate was the guy in the plaid shirt right behind me then.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994