Johnny_Heartfield

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 528 total)
  • Author
    Johnny_Heartfield
    Participant

Yep – I’ve not been seeding anything for a while due to firewall probems – haven’t yet found out how to work around that.
      When torrents are rather fresh and frequented, I manage to seed & upload while downloading at the same time though (firewall seems to open for downloads and thus making way).

in reply to: Mr Wulf #42256
      Johnny_Heartfield
      Participant

I think Spacebandit has made a point there…

in reply to: Mr Wulf #42250
        Johnny_Heartfield
        Participant

Would be great if you could contact MP management again. Probably Bernie could champion our project? Don’t want to burden him with more stuff than he’s already doing, just explaining what we’re up to – practically doing the same as with motorpsychedelicclips, just for concert recordings in form of a group on archive.org, strictly non-commercial and subject to consent of MP Management.

in reply to: Motorpsycho DB #42241
          Johnny_Heartfield
          Participant

@ Blashyrkh: Just to set the record straight: Kathmandu is in Nepal, not India (as stated in mpdb) ;-)

in reply to: Mr Wulf #42240
            Johnny_Heartfield
            Participant

@ bionaut: We had the DIME – Motortrades discussion several times. Motortrades has its disadvantages too – it is too small a community to guarantee permanent good access, as your download ratio goes red extremely fast (lots of stuff, but hardly any downloaders). Once you’re on DIME the situation is much better. I agree the wait in the first place can be a little annoing, but then…
              There was an initiative to transfer all the DIME and MT shows to archive.org, consent of MP management provided, but there hasn’t been any reaction from them since. Probably try another time?

in reply to: Mr Wulf #42232
              Johnny_Heartfield
              Participant

Yep – Heartfelt thanks to all the tapers on the tour, especially Mr. Wulf, who covered nearly 2/3rds of it. What would we Psychonauts do without all of you?

@ Schwedenkrone: Dimeadozen is a peer to peer torrent network to share all those wonderful live recordings. Registration required, but completely non-commercial:
                http://www.dimeadozen.org/

in reply to: 28.10.2023 DE Dresden – Beatpol #42201
                Johnny_Heartfield
                Participant

Shit – Too late, too late…

in reply to: 28.10.2023 DE Dresden – Beatpol #42199
                  Johnny_Heartfield
                  Participant

@ boomer former helm: Sadly I dind’t make it to Aschaffenburg as planned and thus couldn’t look for the tour single. Which was not here in Düsseldorf as you know.
                    As you’re certainly visiting the Dresden (& Berlin?) shows – could you look for me if there’s still one left at the stall?
                    I’d be very grateful – even mor so as the singles are sold out at the british mailorder store. Would be extremely kind ;-)

in reply to: 25.10.2023 Zürich CH – Rote Fabrik #42186
                    Johnny_Heartfield
                    Participant

“We’re going in the studio in November with Reine and Olaf”. Clearly Olaf. Then Bent adds that a later recording date with Ingvald is planned.

in reply to: Live covers #42056
                      Johnny_Heartfield
                      Participant

I don’t see the cover thing as essential to MP, but yet it seems to be great fun – for them and part of the audience as well. I enyoyed Inside Looking Out very much this week.
                        And then – Motorpsycho kind of take up elements of other bands, predecessors, in many of their own tunes and sounds. And on the other hand give the motorpsychedelic treatment to the songs they cover. Let them have fun!

in reply to: 11.10.2023 DE Duesseldorf – zakk #41985
                        Johnny_Heartfield
                        Participant

Wow! Great rocking tonight! Grand Funk 2.0 again. And lots of space as well. A real motorpsychedelic gig. The sound a little muddy in the louder parts – Snah’s guitar a little low in the mix – but I was standing in the Bent zone anyway. After ASFE I expected Rock Bottom, but no – they were out for another space travel with Arne Hassle. And what a trip! After extended flying high and low Bent started the riff to get back to the last verse, but Snah wasn’t finished and pushed on for yet another feedback/space part. Fantastic!
                          And it was really great fun watching Ingvald tonight – front of stage and obviously enjoying every beat and roll. I never hat so much fun watching a drummer throughout most of the gig. In the end he drowned a little in the noise mayhem and had to concentrate on cymbals to be heard. Bent pushed him hard during Sail On, but Ingvald got even in ASFE.

in reply to: A tiny (and very old) MP live anecdote #41958
                          Johnny_Heartfield
                          Participant

Yes, lovely indeed! Reminds me of the story of Eric Burdon’s mother visiting the Grateful Dead gig in Newcastle in 1972 asking if anyone of the band & entourage knew her son…

And of course Motorhead’s “Birthday Party” gig in 1985 with “three generations of Lemmy” involved (as Mr. Kilmister announced on stage).

in reply to: 07.10.2023 – DK, Copenhagen – Hotel Cecil #41926
                            Johnny_Heartfield
                            Participant

Überpilgrim? Reine still on board for a last Scandinavian gig – or Snah duelling with his other guitar neck?

in reply to: 05.10.2023 – Katalin, Uppsala #41883
                              Johnny_Heartfield
                              Participant

Still the core setlist of the Norwegian shows, with a few welcome stalwarts slipping in. Another chariot – hooray! The Tower is back, as is the Lurker. Starhammer, yay!

I guess Ueberpilgrim and probably Rock Bottom will vanish as the tour winds on without Reine. We’ll see – I’m positively curious…

in reply to: 30.9.2023 – Kultursalen, Sandane #41843
                                Johnny_Heartfield
                                Participant

Another Chariot! That makes me hope for the October gigs.
                                  Btw: It’s Charlie Bob Bent, not Billy Bent Talbot on bass – so there might be some problems there ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 528 total)

…hanging on to the trip you're on since 1994